Release Notes 5.0.0

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,279 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2021 in MtGPQ General Discussion

What’s New

New Feature

Rewarded Video Ads

In this release, we’re introducing the Rewarded Video Ads, a new source of rewards. Now you can access the WATCH AD area in your Side Menu to watch a video ad and get rewards such as Mana Crystals, Mana Jewels, or a Booster Pack.

Some important points to know about the feature:

• There will be a place in-game where you can choose to click and watch the Rewarded Video Ad;

• ADS will NOT appear on your screen out of a sudden;

• New videos will be available to be watched every 7 hours.

Check our FAQ regarding this topic to be up to date with all the details of the new feature, and there you will also find a "how-to" guide!

Changes

• Changed the Loyalty cost of Kasmina, Enigma Sage’s 2nd ability, Unsolved Enigma. From:

• 15 Loyalty (in every level) TO 12 Loyalty (in every level)

• New visual inside the Coalition Chat.

• New button on the Story Mode area to SWITCH the Planeswalker for that battle.

• Fixes

• Fixed some text issues.

• Fixed PW Frost and Sparks (STX) which displayed an incorrect number of Mana Bonuses for Rowan, Scholar of Sparks.

• Fixed an issue with the Doomskar Claimants event, where the Boast objective was not counting the Boast abilities used to kill the opponent.

• Fixed the issue where some tokens destruction or exile would cause a soft lock.

• Fixed the issue with the Icebreaker Kraken card. Now Icebreaker Kraken will only have its cost reduced when you make your first match during your turn. 

• Fixed the issue with the Witch's Cottage card, which was selecting the first 4 cards in the graveyard instead of selecting the first 4 creatures.

• Fixed the issue with Gnottvold Slumbermound where the token (Troll Warrior) was not being created when the creature was destroyed on the opponent’s turn.

• Fixed the Grappling Hook card trigger and now this card's prompt is triggered only for the first creature that attacks.

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    critman said:
    Also I'm getting an intermittent problem where I sometimes can't remove cards from my decks? The checkboxes on the cards are not shown even though I'm in the edit screen, and the trashcan icon doesn't work either.

This happened to me in Story mode, so I went to the Events section and had the same thing happen joining a TG... then I reset the app and that seemed to fix it.

Anyone else noticed this?

I just had the same thing happen to me as well.  Also started working after I restarted.

Also, I am absolutely furious that they changed the loading wheel, but didn't change it back to the old Mana Symbol loading wheel.  I know I'm the only one asking for it (and probably the only one who even remembers it), but come on guys, how much harder would it have been.  :(
  • LinkedIn
    LinkedIn Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    critman said:
    Also I'm getting an intermittent problem where I sometimes can't remove cards from my decks? The checkboxes on the cards are not shown even though I'm in the edit screen, and the trashcan icon doesn't work either.

This happened to me in Story mode, so I went to the Events section and had the same thing happen joining a TG... then I reset the app and that seemed to fix it.

Same issue for me - restarting the game seemed to fix the issue for me but it went further where I wasn't able to filter cards either. 
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had the same issue but it was resolved without having to restart the game. I just changed my planeswalker then cam back to the one I was trying to modify and was able to edit my deck
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had a crash trying to resolve a match in TotP, not sure if it has anything to do with the new loading wheel (which I find tacky) but suspect that it does. The app simply froze for a few seconds and did an emergency close. Rebooting and re-entering TotP showed that I still received the reward for winning the match. But still, that crash was the first in a very long time for me via this app. 

Another noticeable issue is when I open the side bar to look at the cards in my hand and when I hold my finger down to lift a card to move it to another spot it 'skips' visually and stays put. if I close the side bar and reopen it and try again, it usually works. Minor annoyance but still an annoyance. 
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    critman said:

I just had the same thing happen to me as well.  Also started working after I restarted.

Also, I am absolutely furious that they changed the loading wheel, but didn't change it back to the old Mana Symbol loading wheel.  I know I'm the only one asking for it (and probably the only one who even remembers it), but come on guys, how much harder would it have been.  :(
    I hate it too. Makes me think the app is glitching. Unfortunately it did exactly that and crashed.  :|
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I couldn't care less about the loading symbol. I do love the new visuals of the coalition chat and specially love that you can see the avatar of each member! I really enjoy that improvement  :#
  • Oxhion
    Oxhion Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Iam having issues my cards dont convert gems, and dont workany ability of any card. :(
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes! A new major version of the game. Finally we get the legacy / standard toggle in the card selector!! O wait... never mind. :-(
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    critman said:
    Very often now when I open my hand in game I am unable to select cards to change their position in my hand... I have to close my hand and re-open it to enable this feature. It's annoying.
    I've had this too, but only once up until now.
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    critman said:
    Very often now when I open my hand in game I am unable to select cards to change their position in my hand... I have to close my hand and re-open it to enable this feature. It's annoying.
    Yeah, I mentioned this earlier on. it is annoying and frequent enough to say it is almost happening every time I need to adjust the order of my hand. Sure, closing and re-opening fixes it, but still an annoyance.