Which trio of 5s to pull for ?

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
Which trio of 5s do you all feel is the best to aim for, SW/Colossus/Knoll or SW/Knull/Ronin ?

Anyone waiting to see who will replace Scarlett Witch ?

My champed 5s are Okoye, BRB, Ihulk, ProfX, Carnage, Thor, Marvel, Hela, Doom, Panther, Thanos, Apoc, Kitty, OML.

I play PVE and PVP SCL 10. I had been hoarding for a long time until a good trio of 5s were introduced. Seems like consensus is Scarlett Witch is worthy, but I'm not too sure about Colossus, Knull, or Ronin. I'm not particularly hyped for any of them, not favorite characters of mine or anything. But some of them seem half way decent, I'm not sure if I'm under valuing any of them. Was curious to get some opinions from others. 

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm really happy with 5Witch, but the jury is out for me on the others. I'm seeing Colossus in Simulator, but really not any Knull at all if that's indicative of anything.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I looked at the top 20 players' rosters in the current season.

3 have 550 of Colossus, Wanda, Knull
    5 have 5xx of Colossus, Wanda, Knull
    The rest either have champed or close to champed of this set.

Colossus is better than Ronan in terms of ease of play and he has some sort of deterrence. You might regret not breaking the hoard for him. If you miss him, you will have to wait until he appears in special stores in the future. However, Ronan is fun to play with. 
  • Codex
    Codex Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    If you struggle with okoye ihulk teams then pulling for SW is smart. If you don't struggle with okoye ihulk then hoard on, because the latest three are not better than Okoye or Apoc in damage boosting capability and won't replace those two in PvE. 

Also with some many unhoarding there is alot of diversity in PvP. So maybe take some time to assess who you are seeing in PvP now and how roster stacks up.

If you are dead set on opening your hoard. Ronan and colossus both play differently. Ronan to me seems like a more fun to play character than colossus. Colossus is straightforward and somewhat boring. I would lean toward the more fun to play character.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    If you play pvp, Colossus is probably worth having. 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    It seems to me that Colossus is better for PVP and Ronan has the potential to be better for PVE.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    As someone who was wanting to start re-collecting this LL round, solely as a fan of the toons included, I’m more inclined to keep on saving for the anniversary at this point.

I haven’t worked (spent resources) for a 5* cover since before Heimdal, and I’m still hitting all my goals in PvP and PVE.

think… Beyonder…
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I went for Colossus/Switch/Knull.

I use Colossus in pvp and for the challenge node on scl 10 pve. No regrets there.

Switch is a good counter to Ihulk and before her Hulkoye was a insta skip for me but no more.

I'm still a few shards away from champing Knull so i have not tested him yet but he seams pretty bad exept for his massive health.

Ronan is to random for me as i want to chose who i want to target and i don't want to chase repeater tiles either.

With that said it is really up to you how you like to play the game. Good luck in your decision.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I have a feeling Ronan will work well with cascade generators and extra turn takers, that way you don’t have to chase anything quite so actively, but he will take a few turns to get moving no matter who you run him with.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i went for colossus, Wanda and knull.

I have a lot of fun with colossus' high match damage, I would have regretted skipping him
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Colossus will be more useful than Ronan I think. 

Of recent 5* releases the current set reminds me most of Iceman/Storm/Prof in that you have Great/Good/Meta.

Knull also seems more interesting to me, but that’s subjective. Ronan on the other hand has that Negasonic quality art…
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I did not get Ronan at all. But 5*Witch and Colossus work pretty great together, so I would pull for them.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Yeah I feel Ronin is decent but certainly not someone I'd really use much, doesn't seem to fill any niches. Knull also questionable, his super high health is great, but no nukes and his damage seems super slow to ramp up with other characters boosting him. I like that he can generate attack tiles, not a lot of 5s who do and could form some interesting teams with Kitty and someone else. 

I do like Colossus for reasons you guys mentioned and I'd like to get him. I think ultimately my decision was to either pull with SW/Colossus/Knull and avoid Ronin, or skip Scarlett Witch all together and hope in the later months there will be a better trio of 5s. 

When I PVP it's only to get the first CP reward and I've always been able to do that with no issues and been able to skip Okoye/Ihulk teams. Not sure how badly I need SW to blow a stash and get two other 5s I might not use. I don't think she's someone I'd use much in PVE.

I am sick of hoarding though lol, so I'm dying to pull for something. Just don't want to be too anxious and pull a lot on characters I might not end up using often. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scarlet Witch is really, really good against Hulk teams, but not super useful against the other popular teams.  If you've been skipping Hulk and doing ok, then you probably don't need to have her.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    I decided to open for switch, colossus and knull, and I am pretty happy with the results (I have to say, even though Switch seems great, I am kinda more interested in Colossus, as PvE is my main focus).

I managed to champ switch pretty fast, and colossus is just missing one cover that I will get with shards. Knull on the other hand got only 4 covers. I needed around 150 covers. My ratio was 15.7%, so just slightly over the advertised 15% BUT I got all the right covers! I didnt end up with any power with 6 or more, which is great for somebody like me that is happy with baby champs.

This is a big win for me, champed the two chars I was interested, and stopped with 2200 CPs still in the bank. With a bit of luck I will be ready to pull again for the 3 after Ronan... if they are worth it.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    tonypq said:
    Which trio of 5s do you all feel is the best to aim for, SW/Colossus/Knoll or SW/Knull/Ronin ?

I would probably wait for Ronan and skip Ronin. 8^)

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    tonypq said:

How about Rodan?  :p
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    tonypq said:

MPQ, Now with 80% more Kaiju!!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Fin Fang Foom incoming....
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I would pay for King Ghidorah not gonna lie.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Rhipf said:
    tonypq said:

The only reason I made that comment is that when I first read the OP's statement I was thinking:
    "What does a 4* Hawkeye have to do with pulling 5*s. I actually had to look up the characters to make sure I wasn't mistaken that 4* Hawkeye is Ronin. I had also momentarily forgotten that Ronan was now in the game.  :D