June Puzzle Gauntlet Help Thread

Options
Punter1
Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
edited June 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
Starting this to get the collective group help!

Puzzles this month seem to be on collecting colours while those colours don't drop naturally.  So any tile colour changers are needed (Mystique, C&D), or passive colour generation also help (BRB, IM40)

Change of Pace nodes:
Collect 18 Blue AP - easy with BRB & Polaris + anyone else, make protect tiles and have BRB generate the blue
Down All enemies, only green does damage - need to get green tiles on the board TAHulk, 3* BW & Thor
13 Black tiles at once - Doom, Mystique and C&D worked for me
Collect 20 Red AP - IM40, Gambit with 3* Cyc, not too much stress
Down Enemies with enemy protect matches - 3* Thor & C&D to make Yellow, 4* Venom to keep adding enemy protects once you start damaging Sandman

Puzzle it over nodes:
Collect 20 Purple AP - Switch is your friend here & Gambit (remember him?)
12 Red tiles - Magik and 3* Cyc - not too hard - the opponents help too
Collect 28 Green AP - BRB & Polaris again - Also IM40 & Vulture

Bending the Rules (1 on 3)
Collect 20 Yellow AP - used Cloak & Dagger - switch to dagger and yellow appears

Changing the game
Down enemies using enemy attack - this is why i started this post!  I don't think any available character helps, and the only way is Rambeau drop tile getting black to Storm.  War of attrition while you work to get Rambeau tile down quickly.  Died once after a long time with Coulson - what am I missing?
EDIT - What I was missing was using C&D to create the black for Storm.  

Comments

• TCell
    TCell Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Changing the Game: 

Use C&D to create black.
    Let the other team match black. 
    Let Storm cast black. 
    Match enemy attack tiles. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TCell said:
    Changing the Game: 

Use C&D to create black.
    Let Storm cast black. 
    This is indeed the way. However, they seem to want to match any color before black.
  • Pat1985
    Pat1985 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    FPunter1 said:

Changing the game
    Down enemies using enemy attack - this is why i started this post!  I don't think any available character helps, and the only way is Rambeau drop tile getting black to Storm.  War of attrition while you work to get Rambeau tile down quickly.  Died once after a long time with Coulson - what am I missing?

Use Cloak & Dagger to create black for their storm.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dogface said:
    TCell said:
    Changing the Game: 

Use C&D to create black.
    Let Storm cast black. 
    This is indeed the way. However, they seem to want to match any color before black.
    Yup...there was a lot of black available to them and it seemed they only matched black if it was the only option.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Unfortunately, C&D are one of the few 4* that I don't have yet. I do wonder how they decide who to make the required characters for the event because most are useless for those pick 1 fights. I eventually managed to win the 'collect yellow AP' one with Jubilee's Lightshow. Since I have her champed now, the difficult part was not killing all the enemies first. Changing the game wasn't so bad. Eventually Monica creates enough black and then they just kill themselves. But it does seem that for a lot of these, one tactic to win is to just survive long enough that the enemies create the conditions for you to win. Which doesn't seem ideal. I guess it's set up that way to give those with a limited roster a chance.

Not that I want to seem like I'm complaining. I do very much like these puzzle gauntlets.  :)
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cloak and dagger also have a heal passive so helps to keep you in the game if those black matches aren't happening. 

As per last puzzle quest, gamora can still kill off with her one shot kill power - makes sandman fight a lot more straight forward. 
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Thank you for the useful guide, very helpful for those of us that want to complete it but do not have a lot of time to "puzzle it out".  Very helpful!
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can someone give me a full list of the characters you can use for the play one character nodes? I'm only seeing Switch, Ragnorak, and Jubilee. I beat the Stormbeau combo by just tanking forever with Rags, but my only option for the other one is Jubilee and the color swap is random so I can't seem to manage it without killing the enemy team or dying myself. Even with a full 30 in purple and green I'm lucky to grab 10 yellow by the end.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Coulson and Cloak & Dagger.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Options
    The list contains: Jubilee, Coulson, SW, C&D, Ragnarok.

Ask for 4* Kingpin, Prof $ or 5* Storm teamup from your alliance or equip support that increases your strongest colour to yellow, and let Black Panther use Rage of Panther on you. You gain 5 yellow ap each time.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks guys. Unfortunately Coulson and Cloak & Dazzler are among the remnants of the four stars I've yet to cover, let alone champ. I think that Jubilee has yellow as her strongest by default tho. I'll try running it again with that support that decreases damage taken and has a good chance of giving you 5 yellow at game start. Fingers crossed it'll be enough.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In the sandman node how can you start damage on him?
  • Pat1985
    Pat1985 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been using C&D to create yellow for him to match and create his protect tiles. Then I used 5* Colossus to help with match damage reduction and then the main event hulk to help with matching those oddly placed shields.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mayo said:
    For Sandman - you need yellow on the board so he can fire his yellow power.  So any yellow tile creators, I used C&D & 3* Thor, his red creates a bunch of yellow.  You also want to make sure and have 4* Venom on your team, as each protect you match to damage him, will result in Venom creating another protect.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Mayo said:
    Switch helps bring enough purple for him to match to make Yellow. You can bring your own Sandman too with Switch to make more Yellow from Switch cascades. Jubilee can also use Switches purple to randomly transform tile colors.
    Cloak & Dagger obviously once you transform.
    Gamora can insta kill if you cover all purple tiles with specials (ie bring Polaris and BrB or Grocket as your other 2 characters).
    KGB
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mayo said:
    I used 3* Hawkeye's black to create enemy special tiles, it makes random SAP tiles, two were protects for me.
    I also had Cloak & Dagger, to help make black for Hawkeye, then switched to making yellow before matching the protects.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Create yellow for him to match and bring Eddie Brock along.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used C&D, Yellowjacket, and Profe$$or X on Sandman. I liked Yellowjacket because he can clear out any unmatchable protects with his green to keep you from getting Sand Smashed.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mayo said:

The sneaky way to do this node is to use 4* Gamora with Polaris and a special tile maker to start the ball rolling (I used the typical setup of 4* Rocket&Groot). Use Polaris to fill the board with special tiles and hopefully all the purple will be friendly special tiles. This will proc Gamora's passive (The Deadliest Woman...) which will instantly down Sandman. You can use Gamora's active black to convert 4-6 purple tiles to special tiles and hope that they aren't matched before the start of your next turn as well.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That met the condition?