Make the free daily boosters 5 cards instead of 3, like it used to be

Scrounger
Scrounger Posts: 64 Match Maker
Hi D3:

I just learned from my coalition mates that back in the past the free booster pack would give 5 cards, not 3. It would be great if you could reinstate this. As others have noted, it's hard for f2p players to get cards from Kaldheim and Strixhaven because there are so few reward packs given out from this set. Changing the free daily booster to 5 cards instead of 3 would make it more likely that f2p players can acquire commons and uncommons from sets. It's rare to get a rare from a free daily booster pack, and it's especially rare to get a mythic. But you get commons and uncommons all the time.

I think this change would be good for the f2p folks, and I don't think it would impact D3's bottom line. People spend cash to get exclusive cards and rare cards (rares and above). You can't get exclusive cards from the free daily boosters and, as mentioned, you are unlikely to pull rare cards from free daily boosters, even more unlikely to pull mythics, and you can't  pull masterpieces.

I gather that in the past it was also and 8 hour refresh period rather than 6 hours. Moving it to 8 hours with 5 card packs is better than 3 card packs with a 6 hour refresh. Only zombies who can't sleep are able to claim four free daily boosters. Most mortals just get 3.

This is a small change, but I think it would make a big difference to newer players and to f2p players.

Comments

• Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    I don't think it was ever 5 cards.  In Feb 2016 the daily free boosters were first introduced as 3 card packs every 8 hours.  In Jul 2017 they changed to a one-card pack every 2 hours.  And in May 2018 they changed to the current setting, a 3 card pack every 6 hours.

That doesn't have any bearing on whether 5 card free boosters would or would not be a good idea now, of course!
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Looking back I see @Volrak seems to be right. @Scrounger, sorry for misinforming you.