What's New MPQ (June 21, 2021)

Comments

• UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Neko said:
    @Neko

Missing the Buff List for June 10 to June 17.  The one posted here was the one from last week still
    Updated!

MackDan1 said:
    What's the pve for 6/10?
    Good catch! My mistake, I appear to have missed some information. I'll be sure to double check better in the future! The PvE events have been updated to the latest.
    Thank you SO MUCH for bringing back the boosted list previews.  You do not understand how much easier you make my life for an hour every week!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I checked the boost list for the next week and saw that 5* Hawkeye is on there, then was bummed because I still needed 100 shards to finish him off. Then I checked the Shard store and he just happened to be in there. Hooray. Now I just need about 80k to champ him. 
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Now let's see if boosted Panthos can brute-force Simulator in CL10 ...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Iceman's early buff week means that this week we see god boost Panthos (unless the Devs have some other trick up their sleeve), a combination that would have been avoided. I'm a little scared to be honest...
    I use Panthos so often that I have them as one of my saved teams. Bring it on!

You must be eyeing up that 3* Loki PvP already, with his health that is basically a free Court Death.
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Thank you for continuing to update this. I appreciate it very much.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    "4-Star Clue: You are a pirate.
    5-Star Clue: Ohm my..."

First, devs, do you have any idea how many pirates there are? Nebula was a pirate, I believe, but we already have her. Nonetheless, the Starjammers alone had several members including Cyclops' father, Corsair. There is Blackbeard, Chimera, and many others. I'm not even going to try to guess on this one.

As for the 5-star clue, it has to be a character known for meditating. That could be a lot of characters too, but I'm going to go with Zenpool simply because I submitted a concept for him here.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akoni said:
    "4-Star Clue: You are a pirate.
    5-Star Clue: Ohm my..."

First, devs, do you have any idea how many pirates there are? Nebula was a pirate, I believe, but we already have her. Nonetheless, the Starjammers alone had several members including Cyclops' father, Corsair. There is Blackbeard, Chimera, and many others. I'm not even going to try to guess on this one.

As for the 5-star clue, it has to be a character known for meditating. That could be a lot of characters too, but I'm going to go with Zenpool simply because I submitted a concept for him here.
    My mind went directly to electricity with “Ohm my” no idea who they might be talking about though.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    4*. I reckon it’s Corsair, who is the only Marvel character known for being a pirate, as opposed to, say, the current Marauders. Corsair is the father of Havok and Cyclops, which should be of interest to people who like to speculate about feeders. 

(He’s also the father of Vulcan and Adam-X, but they’re not in the game)

5*. Obviously, this is George Takei Ohm? Electro, perhaps? Although given that he’s rumoured to be in the new Spider-man film, why release him now? Not that it sounds like that there’s going to be a shortage of characters in that film.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 4* clue got to be a movie line or something. As for Ohm my..., here is the meaning of ohm:

1. The ohm (symbol: Ω) is the SI derived unit of electrical resistance, named after German physicist Georg Ohm.

First character that pops up is Elecktro. Second is Shocker.

I think the word related to meditation is om. I don't remember it being spelt with an 'h' in the middle.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    4*: You're a Pirate

Maybe? 

5*: Ohm My
    This one seems a little harder to tie back to marvel; it could be either the unit of measuring electrical resistance, maybe Electro or somebody like that, or it could be something closer to Multiverse of Madness and tie in to the hindu meaning of om, which is the sound heard at the beginning of creation (though that is usually transposed to english as Om without the H). It also felt a little George Takei adjace being his catch phrase and all, but the only MCU ties I can find for him are his comments criticizing the casting of Tilda Swinton as the Sorceror Supreme.
  • DAZ0273
    There was a terrible PS2 game called Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects who had a bad guy called Johnny Ohm. It isn't him...unless things have taken a dive in the character availability stakes.
    Batroc was referred to (wrongly) as a "French Pirate" in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Haha, I misread the 5* clue as "oh my" and thought George Takei...

So, instead of Electro, I'm going Omega Red.  The ohm symbol is omega; which he proudly sports on his "stylish" bandana.
  • DAZ0273
    4*: You're a Pirate

Maybe? 

5*: Ohm My
    This one seems a little harder to tie back to marvel; it could be either the unit of measuring electrical resistance, maybe Electro or somebody like that, or it could be something closer to Multiverse of Madness and tie in to the hindu meaning of om, which is the sound heard at the beginning of creation (though that is usually transposed to english as Om without the H). It also felt a little George Takei adjace being his catch phrase and all, but the only MCU ties I can find for him are his comments criticizing the casting of Tilda Swinton as the Sorceror Supreme.

I was just thinking about how they seem to have been going back and mining years old MCU films lately so I guess it isn't completely out of the question that it might be The Ancient One?
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards

So, instead of Electro, I'm going Omega Red.  The ohm symbol is omega; which he proudly sports on his "stylish" bandana.
    As you can probably imagine, I’m here for that. O-Red would be awesome.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    5* has to be the classic Electro since they did release a classic Lizard
    4* clue could be related to the song by Lazy Town
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    4-Star Clue: You are a pirate.

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor

Good point. I can see the argument for Electro, but I'm going with Omega Red now. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* has to be the classic Electro since they did release a classic Lizard
    4* clue could be related to the song by Lazy Town
    4* Stephanie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ju_10NkGY
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    The 4* clue got to be a movie line or something. As for Ohm my..., here is the meaning of ohm:

1. The ohm (symbol: Ω) is the SI derived unit of electrical resistance, named after German physicist Georg Ohm.

First character that pops up is Elecktro. Second is Shocker.

I think the word related to meditation is om. I don't remember it being spelt with an 'h' in the middle.
    Quick now! We need a pic of Electro floating in mid air in a lotus sit position. For the memes!  :D
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    I just realised that Electro has similar colour scheme to 3* Iron Fist.

If it's really Electro, I think he will be throwing out Charged tiles all over the board. It would be a boom to match damage meta.