A good 3rd For Hulkoye for BOP

Options
KGB
KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
I'm a 4* player but BOP is providing me the opportunity to try out some 5* teams. I happen to have both Okoye/IHulk fully covered (the right way) so I've been taking them out for a spin in BOP against all the 4* teams I am seeing (ie Polaris).
For those of you in 5* land, who makes a good 3rd character to use in a pick 3 (again, essentially against Polaris teams since that's all my MMR shows). I've been using 2099 and getting some extra damage via his passive but I feel there must be some better options. Note that I don't have every 5* fully covered but I do have any of the meta/semi-meta ones covered in addition to every 4*.
TIA,
KGB

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Morbius because you can use him to remove enemy special tiles on green tiles.

Wanda because you can create more green basic tile for IHulk. Alternatively, 5* Storm, Prof $, Kamala Khan can help IHulk.

4* Deadpool for free damage

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A slight tangent, but I did not see Hulkoye much in BoP. A couple early on, but after that, not a one. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BoP= Battles of Polares

When normal PvPs roll back, you will see them.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is a very atypical way to test out Hulkoye.  You never have to game plan for  550 Polaris Medusa in the real world.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Generally speaking, I run 5* Deadpool as a central third to this team in pick-3 PVE nodes, but I don't usually use a pick 3 Hulkoye in pvp. If I did, I'd use somebody like Profe$$or X who punishes cascades heavily without competing with Okoye. If I were running 5Witch with this team, I'd use purple on yellow to keep Okoye fed, or else on Red so that you have some big damage nuke options more often. Hulk does a fine job on his own adding green to the board.

Incidentally in BoP, I settled finally on a team of Morbius/Chavez/Karnak, and easily walked my way to 75 wins once I settled on it. Prior to that I'd been messing around with a bunch of nonsense generators like Gambit/Negasonic/Black Bolt (or 5torm), or Sighclops/Thor/Ghost Rider (robbie reyes), but those teams crumbled under 550 Polaris in a way that I don't think they would in a standard PVP environment. I don't think any of those teams is defensively viable, but I think they'd win more sustainably than I was able to in this one. I was using Yellowjacket/GE Doom/Adam Warlock a little bit too, but even in BoP with true heals on two colors, warlock is a bottomless pit you throw healthpacks into and just not really worth using. I was also messing around with Killmonger/Chavez/Karnak and Main Event Hulk/Chavez/Karnak for maximum critical tile vomit. They were fun, but they didn't have the health to stay running if a Polaris match got out of hand.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I switched to Morbius as my 3rd (I have him champed). But even that team still sucked health packs because either Hulk died a lot damaging my team (because he tanks too much) or Okoye was killed before I would reliably get enough Yellow to keep her healed. I did get a bunch of defensive wins with these 3 so I suspect a lot of players thought I had them under covered.
    Eventually I switched back to Grocket/Polaris/Juggs purely for the speed (way faster than Hulkoye team) and because they killed enemy Polaris faster which mean fewer health packs. That let me get to 900.
    @TheRoadWarrior - I saw Onslaught way more with Chavez/Karnak esp if he had 5 in his passive that destroys all TU's on any match 4.
    KGB