..pests.

Options
melkor37
melkor37 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
I've noticed there's no indication on support cards as to whether they're creature or not. We assume humans are. (See Outlaw's Something-or-other and Silvar, Devourer of Sandwiches.
I propose that pest tokens should be creature token supports. Thus, they should trigger Sluurk.  So, are pests creatures? Why or why not?
(..was going to post this in "bugs and technical issues" but I figured not everyone would find that funny.)
Tagged:

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    melkor37 said:
    (..was going to post this in "bugs and technical issues" but I figured not everyone would find that funny.)

i laughed :D
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options

Hi guys,

Thank you for the interest in this topic!
    I was able to get an answer with my team regarding this matter:

"Pest tokens are, in Magic: Puzzle Quest a Support card with a Creature Subtype. This means that cards that target or interact with creature cards won't interact with Pest tokens, because they're support cards. For matters of interaction and synergy, we're adapting, from Strixhaven and following collections, some cards that trigger their effects and interact with cards that have a creature subtype, like Golden Ratio. These cards interact with both Creature cards and Support cards that have a creature subtype."
  • melkor37
    melkor37 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2021
    Options

"Pest tokens are, in Magic: Puzzle Quest a Support card with a Creature Subtype. This means that cards that target or interact with creature cards won't interact with Pest tokens, because they're support cards. For matters of interaction and synergy, we're adapting, from Strixhaven and following collections, some cards that trigger their effects and interact with cards that have a creature subtype, like Golden Ratio. These cards interact with both Creature cards and Support cards that have a creature subtype."

So the Slurm Queen (Sluurk, All Ingesting) states as a condition, "When a card in play with a creature type is destroyed or loses a a reinforcement," that would exclude but had the wording been 'creature subtype,' that would be included.  Type is category of card: creature, support, spell.  Subtype is.. subtype.

Update on this:  It appears to be working.  Trying to replicate the issue, may be a specific issue or I may be crazy.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    melkor37 said:
    Ok, ran it again with Sengir and it worked.  I will try to reproduce it not working.
    I took the Charlie Bucket approach and just wanted it to work more than anyone else so it came true.  Now I have a lifetime supply of chocolate for the effort.

Hi Julie.
    Hi @melkor37