WAD? Both DC Boast Supports Trigger [Investigating]

Options
jtwood
jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
On the Boast node of DC, the 6-damage triggers from both permanent supports will trigger when any creature boasts. So one boast trigger does 12 damage. Is that as designed? Or was it intended that only one support would trigger for 6 total damage?

https://i.imgur.com/fp6MEK2.mp4

EDIT: As Bongo points out below, all the perm supports on all nodes on this event seem to be supercharged. Was that the intent?

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    critman said:
    Did it work like that in the last DC event?
    Someone on my Discord said "Did they fix the double damage bug?", and that's what caused me to document it. I didn't realize it was doing this last time.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    All 3 permasuports are triggering twice.

On the top node you deal 12 damage to your opponent's Planeswalker, 6 from the support on your side and 6 from Greg's support.

On the Right node your foretold tokens lose 2 shields.

On the left node twice the amount of snow gems are created at the begining of each player's turn.

I don't remember if it was working like this last time but I know that non of the other coalition event permasuports trigger twice.

Could you please confirm if this is on purpose or if this is a bug that needs to be fixed?
  • JinQuiet
    JinQuiet Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Confirm.
    It seems that permanent support in the event were always activating not once but twice.

Specifically that happened to the Boast support (Event support (4 shield): Spreading Chaos  Blue Black Red) and foretell support (Permanent support Event support (4 shield): Alliance of the Worthy  White Black Red).

In the Boast case Instead of dealing 6 damage every time the support was inflicting 12 damage (6+6 dmg in a quick succession)
    In the Foretell case after exiling foretell card from hand every token would lose not 1 but 2 shields.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't think it is supposed to work like that. There is one permasupport on the board for you and one for Greg. Each one should activate when the corresponding plyer performs the action that triggers the permasupport. But both activate at the same time so you boast and you activate yours and Greg's permasupport. That is not right. That shouldn't be happening.

I hope this can be fixed by the next time we play this event.
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looking at the wiki (and at least for this node I can confirm that's what it says in game), the Boasts nodes says:
    • When a creature attacks: The first card in that creature's owner's hand gains X mana. X is that creature's base power.
    • When a creature BoastsBoast: Deal 6 damage to that creature's opponent's Planeswalker.

Nothing about when your creature boasts, only when a creature boasts.  Seems like it's working as described.  Each support is worded the same, so they would both trigger at the same time when a creature boasts.  If it said when your creature boasts, it would only trigger one support, since only one of the permasupports is "ours".   
    As for the foretell node I noticed they fixed the supports to have infinite shields, unlike last time where they would self destruct once you foretell enough.  Based on that nodes wording:
    • When a player ForetellsForetell a card: Each of that player's supports lose 1 shield.
    • When a creature dies: Its controller gains X life. X is that creature's base toughness
    It would trigger twice as well, one for each support. 
    Just for completion, the snow node says
    • At the beginning of each player's turn: Create 2 SnowSnow Gems.
    • When a creature enters the battlefield: If that is a SnowSnow creature, it gets +2/+2. If that is an Elf creature, draw a card.
    Again, each support at the beginning of each players turn will create 2 snow gems, for a total of 4. 
    Whether thats what the Devs wanted to happen is another question, but it doesn't seem like a bug based on that wording.  If they wanted the supports to trigger once, they really only need 1 support for each node, not 2, based on how they have it worded.