Weighted Mythic Draws?

Options
2»

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In related news, a coalitionmate reported Greg using Fall of the Imposter and targeting the player's creatures with the first two chapter abilities (Target creature gets +2/+2). 

• KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited May 2021
    Options
    When Greg plays Koma he just about always kills his token stack if there is one instead of letting the stack grow from it's populate ability.

I have also seen Greg buff my creatures with Fall of the Imposter like @madwren mentioned above. 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren said:
    In related news, a coalitionmate reported Greg using Fall of the Imposter and targeting the player's creatures with the first two chapter abilities (Target creature gets +2/+2). 

haha okay yeah I’ve seen this stuff, too 
  • madwren
    Options
    Submitted today by coalitionmate

https://imgur.com/a/NW3FsFF

• jtwood
    Options
    critman said:
    Nice try, madwren, but jtwood specified thus:
    jtwood said:

Cards produced in the last one+ year haven't had this issue with Greg killing his own creatures.
    And Theros Beyond Death was released in Feb 2020, which is 15 months ago.

Has anyone seen Greg foolishly kill his own creature with a more recent spell?
    Disingenuous
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Here are the patch notes from when Oktagon changed the AI to target our creatures again:
    "AI Improvements
    Starting with Throne of Eldraine, the AI will not prioritize targeting their own cards with negative effects, such as dealing damage or destroying creatures with spells. Also, most of the time it will prefer to buff its own creatures, instead of the opponents.

Note that this improvement does not change the behavior of any card in the game, but rather just the way the AI decides to use them. Players will still be able to target their own creatures or Planeswalkers with effects that could affect "any target"."
    Not prioritize doesnt necessarily mean always.

• jtwood
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Here are the patch notes from when Oktagon changed the AI to target our creatures again:
    "AI Improvements
    Starting with Throne of Eldraine, the AI will not prioritize targeting their own cards with negative effects, such as dealing damage or destroying creatures with spells. Also, most of the time it will prefer to buff its own creatures, instead of the opponents.

Note that this improvement does not change the behavior of any card in the game, but rather just the way the AI decides to use them. Players will still be able to target their own creatures or Planeswalkers with effects that could affect "any target"."

Thanks for finding that. Lord knows I tried to find it, but my searches were too broad and generic and returned too many responses. 
  • ambrosio191
    Options
    jtwood said:
    "AI Improvements

Thanks for finding that. Lord knows I tried to find it, but my searches were too broad and generic and returned too many responses. 

I didnt know the specific release, but I knew it was in the patch notes somewhere, so I went through the wiki to find a list of patch notes and went one by one.  I got lucky and it was the first one I checked.  I too struggle at times finding things through this forum's search.
  • madwren
    edited May 2021
    Options
    "AI Improvements

Thanks for finding that. Digging through patch notes is a thankless chore.

So, what we've discovered is that the original statement that Greg still kills his own creatures is true, and that it happens with cards that came after Throne of Eldraine (q.v., Drag to the Underworld, from Theros). 

• jtwood
    Options
    madwren said:
    "AI Improvements

Thanks for finding that. Digging through patch notes is a thankless chore.

So, what we've discovered is that the original statement that Greg still kills his own creatures is true, and that it happens with cards that came after Throne of Eldraine (q.v., Drag to the Underworld, from Theros).
    Indeed. What I'd like to know next - and what may be impossible to confirm from our vantage point - is if this setup is applied equally to all cards. For example, will Greg only target his own creatures with Drag 10% of the time? Or will he always do it with Drag and never with some other card, like Final Death? And does this differ between destroy and exile effects?
    So many questions...
  • ambrosio191
    Options
    critman said:

Wait what? So they spent time recently writing code to stop Greg killing his own creatures, but sometimes let him do it anyway?! Is that what you're saying?

When I read not prioritize I see it as having the possibility of some action, but not focusing on that action.  Just like Greg used to prioritize our activated gems during the Amonhket block, but no longer does.  Greg will still activate our activated gems, but wont hunt them down like he used to.  That's just how I read into those words, but it could be entirely different and probably needs clarification from the devs.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    Options
    critman said:
    madwren said:

Well let's try and move this discussion on a little bit from who was right since it looks like, strictly speaking, both me and jtwood were a bit right (does that mean we're friends now?)  :)

Yes you are friends, now..... and i'm here to enforce that friendship (loads shotgun), so walk up the aisle you two....
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not Mythics, but...

I remember not drawing a single Rare (even a dupe) from Free Bosters for 2-3 months, at all, despite opening 3-4 daily. Then, in April, I had a week when for 8 days in row (!), every day, I was getting a Rare from these. 8 Rares in 8 days.

I know everything is possible, but often it's just highly difficult to believe that those generators are fair.