Monthly Boss/Alliance events

Options
waywreth
waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
At one point it was stated that there would be monthly boss/alliance events.  That seems to have fallen by the wayside and we no longer get boss events beyond the rare occurrence.  Can these be brought back on a consistent basis?  I'm not even asking for any new ones, just run the ones we've played before again, those are fun!

Thanks!

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought one might be coming on Thursday but the preview for Cosmic Chaos is now live so it may be a while before we see a boss event.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    April is the first time in a while that we haven't had a monthly boss event. The previous month without a boss event was... the previous April, in 2020. The March, January, and November before that didn't have boss events, but October 2019 had two, and December 2019 had Civil War.

So I'd say they're mostly sticking to the "monthly" thing pretty well. It has been a bit longer than usual since the last one, and it's been a bit since we had a new boss event (Battle at the Basilica barely counts, in my opinion, leaned too heavily on being a tie-in event and not enough on being a good event).
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I liked Basilica ☹️
    Just wish the bosses were a little tougher.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shardwick said:
    I thought one might be coming on Thursday but the preview for Cosmic Chaos is now live so it may be a while before we see a boss event.
    Great… my second least favourite next to Simulator…
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Great… my second least favourite next to Simulator…
    What? You're not excited to burn through health packs on the Kitty nodes?
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like boss events (My alliance is called Boss Events). I just wish that they'd give us more notice than the morning of the event.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boss events are boring and the rewards are lackluster.

Also the scaling is awful. Ton of effort for little to no reward.
  • Dirtytactics22
    Dirtytactics22 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah, i also really enjoy the boss events, sure they could do with a slight overhaul to the rewards (adding an exra round for some 5* shards would be great) but it's still nice to get a break from the daily grind. The total lack of communication about any upcoming events on d3's part coupled with the recent gameboard changes is making me increasingly frustrated with the game.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    As an ex-4* competitive player, I preferred solo events because I get more 4* covers by getting top placements. My alliance have problem hitting 3 covers due to low participation.

After jumping into 5*, I appreciate alliance events more, even though I might not get as many covers. It's more like taking sabbatical leave.  :D
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I wonder if they are working on a new boss event.

Maybe a knull or Wanda based one.

I like them because it feels less time consuming than doing 3-4 pve subs.

If you don't have champed 4s or 5s, the later rounds can sometimes be difficult in boss events though.

Th5nos is my favourite. Because it's arguably the easiest.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My alliance is pretty casual so we have many starting players, they really like the rewards so it’s the only reason I bother. Nothing there for me anymore. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

You need a better alliance then. Get most of it done while the side nodes are easy. I see boss events as a weekend off PVE.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Alliance comes alive with Boss Events.

It would be amazing if we got Sinister Six with updated bosses based on those added to the game since! Call me old skool but I always felt that Venom & Carnage were second class SS members - it would be awesome to have boss version of Scorpion, Kraven or if the new 4* matches guesses are right, him!
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

It would be amazing if we got Sinister Six with updated bosses based on those added to the game since! Call me old skool but I always felt that Venom & Carnage were second class SS members - it would be awesome to have boss version of Scorpion, Kraven or if the new 4* matches guesses are right, him!
    The guesses are right.  Just saw on mpq's fb page that they released The lizard as the new character.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options

I dunno, 2 legendaries over a 3 day event(which normally takes 2 day if all alliance is up for it)
    Is a good incentive to play... 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Do a second event. Same format, Spider-Man vs the Sinister Six. But it's Miles Morales, and boss versions of Prowler, Scorpion, Kraven, Mysterio, Lizard, and....maybe we get one more?

You're right that Venom/Carnage aren't really classic SinSix, but Lizard isn't really either. So instead of making one updated event with an updated (maybe more comic accurate?) Sinister Six team, do a second event, so we can have both.

We really need an Electro, don't we?

As for the events themselves, I think it would be neat if they'd add a Round 9/10 on top of the existing format. So the same effort as before would get you the same rewards, but you would also have harder boss rounds for additional round rewards (purely additional, round 8 should still reward a Legendary Token), and maybe add some extra rewards for personal progression as well. People who want to take a break don't lose anything from the new format, and people willing to push past have something to go for.

But maybe take a look at the side node scaling anyways, because it's silly that those get to be harder than the boss itself.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:

Clearly a 5* player point of view.

I assure you that poster only speaks for itself.

I, and many in my alliance, are longtime 5* players, and we enjoy boss events. Having the weekend off is always a good thing, and I'd rather get the LTs, since Latest Legends pulls are fixed and I'd prefer to spend a token on that rather than 25CP.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Do a second event. Same format, Spider-Man vs the Sinister Six. But it's Miles Morales, and boss versions of Prowler, Scorpion, Kraven, Mysterio, Lizard, and....maybe we get one more?

You're right that Venom/Carnage aren't really classic SinSix, but Lizard isn't really either. So instead of making one updated event with an updated (maybe more comic accurate?) Sinister Six team, do a second event, so we can have both.

We really need an Electro, don't we?

As for the events themselves, I think it would be neat if they'd add a Round 9/10 on top of the existing format. So the same effort as before would get you the same rewards, but you would also have harder boss rounds for additional round rewards (purely additional, round 8 should still reward a Legendary Token), and maybe add some extra rewards for personal progression as well. People who want to take a break don't lose anything from the new format, and people willing to push past have something to go for.

But maybe take a look at the side node scaling anyways, because it's silly that those get to be harder than the boss itself.

Yeah, I guess Electro is the original stand-out.
    I would be happy with a new SS. Maybe we could even get Tombstone.