Opponent doesnt die at 0HP [Can’t reproduce]

MonoRedControl
MonoRedControl Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
edited September 2021 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
It went on for a few turns and couldnt quit. 
https://imgur.com/a/OIWraQw

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    It went on for a few turns and couldnt quit. 
    https://imgur.com/a/OIWraQw

Any supports on them board
    .??? I know your opponent I will chat with him to see what his deck looks like.
  • MonoRedControl
    I remember destroying his board every turn, and the only supports on the field were my tibalt vanguard, tergirds lantern and 2 lands. 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    I’ve seen this reported more than once in Discord. Hopefully, this gets identified and fixed ASAP. 
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    There used to be a bug involving Jace 1 where if he used his 1st ability to give your creature -6 and that creatures power became a negative figure then upon striking the opponent they became ‘invincible’. 
    I wonder if it’s the same sort of thing?
  • HunterToo
    HunterToo Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    This happened to me today in ZE, no supports on the board except the event one 

https://imgur.com/a/eeACbQX
  • Amaunator
    Amaunator Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Same thing happened to my today while playing as Ral in Awakened Inferno. Neither opponent nor myself were able to "die"... Couldn't even quit the game. Had to shut down the app manually.

• George
    George Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Happened now to with Tezzeret on the Kaladesh event.
  • Lossibob
    Lossibob Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2021
    So I just played a battle in the bottom node of this event.
    The opponent finished their turn on 0 life - and the game switched to my turn.
    Several turns later, the opponent had continued to draw cards and make matches (although didn't play any cards) and ended with a full hand of cards with full mana. In the meantime, I have made matches and played cards each turn, attacked each turn, "dealt damage" each turn ..... and the opponent still had zero life.
    Eventually, my only option was to quite the match, at which point (I course!!) I "lost the game" !!!!
    I took a series of screenshots which I posted on my coalition discord channel to show my teammates what had occurred, but I haven't come across this in the game ever before  - nor have I seen any comments suggesting that anyone else has, either?
    I've attempted to post the screenshots here, but I'm obviously doing something wrong, as I can't seem to get the to attach to either this or a subsequent comment. 
  • Julie71
    Lossibob said:
    So I just played a battle in the bottom node of this event.
    The opponent finished their turn on 0 life - and the game switched to my turn.
    Several turns later, the opponent had continued to draw cards and make matches (although didn't play any cards) and ended with a full hand of cards with full mana. In the meantime, I have made matches and played cards each turn, attacked each turn, "dealt damage" each turn ..... and the opponent still had zero life.
    Eventually, my only option was to quite the match, at which point (I course!!) I "lost the game" !!!!
    I took a series of screenshots which I posted on my coalition discord channel to show my teammates what had occurred, but I haven't come across this in the game ever before  - nor have I seen any comments suggesting that anyone else has, either?
    I've attempted to post the screenshots here, but I'm obviously doing something wrong, as I can't seem to get the to attach to either this or a subsequent comment. 
    It is here already
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/85037/opponent-doesnt-die-at-0hp-investigating

• Julie71
    @Oktagon_Support is it possible to condense the two post??

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello @Lossibob,
    Thank you for the feedback, this issue is being investigated. Could you please give us more details about this issue to help with the investigation? You can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game:

1. Did it happen during an event? Which node?
    2. Do you remember the cards that were in your deck? Or any other detail about what happened?
    3. Did you gain life during the match through any effect? If yes, do you remember from which card or ability?
    4. Were you using any card with "can't gain life"? Or your opponent? Which card?

Thanks in advance,
    Marcela
  • OperaSM
    OperaSM Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2021
    Multiple members of the From the Ashes alliance of coalitions (goblinpile, tormented, d3nied, mythtaken, lordwindgrac, etc.) have reported experiencing the same bug.  While I have not personally experienced it, relaying that information here.  This bug is especially infuriating to people.  They have won the match on damage, but they have to lose by quitting the match or forcequitting the app due to the problem.  8^(. Hope this bug is figured out and fixed ASAP in the next (hopefully emergency, as this is worth of that kind of upate) patch in the next week or two.

We appreciate your effort and involvement in trying to relay all known information to developers to solve this, @Oktagon_Support (Marcela.). What else can the community do to help collect data to isolate and and fix the problem?
  • Lossibob
    Lossibob Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2021
    Hello @Lossibob,
    Thank you for the feedback, this issue is being investigated. Could you please give us more details about this issue to help with the investigation? You can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game:

1. Did it happen during an event? Which node?
    2. Do you remember the cards that were in your deck? Or any other detail about what happened?
    3. Did you gain life during the match through any effect? If yes, do you remember from which card or ability?
    4. Were you using any card with "can't gain life"? Or your opponent? Which card?

Thanks in advance,
    Marcela
    Happy to PM you, but not sure how to! (Really not good with these things lol) - I Don recall my entire deck, but I have some screenshots which show a couple of the creatures in - there was no "lifelink" involved on either  side - the opponent was at zero, I was on full life, but the opponent STAYED at zero for several turns, with me attacking each turn and with the damage I dealt being displayed on the screen (also displayed on a couple of the screenshots). The opponent just didn't die - so I had to quite the game to resolve the issue, losing the game by doing so 
  • Mildaene
    Mildaene Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Hi!

I've had the same problem today in a training grounds game.

Here are the PW/cards involved in the game.

Mildaene as [Gideon, Battle-Forged]
    Extus, Oriq Overlord
    Legion Angel
    Killian, Ink Duelist
    Heliod's Punishment
    Whirlwind of Thought
    Badger as [Tyvar Kell]
    Horizon Seeker
    Narnam Renegade
    Whispers of the Einir (PW power)

Nothing unusual happened (besides the opponent just refusing to die at 0 life around turn 8), I've been playing my deck with no problems before.

The only lifelink was on my side through Killian, Ink Duelist 's native abitlity.

-Mildaene.
  • Cimarronboy
    Cimarronboy Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Just had this happen during ROA. Bottom node, was using a customed event deck built for land support objective. All reinforced gems were either land supports or dwynen, gilt Leaf daen. Opponent had 0 life, empty Field, quit button didn't do anything. At one point had a creature dealing 100+ damage (roughly 150 total per turn). Had to close/reopen the app to end the match after an hour of reinforcement busting, damaging dealing, and quit button spamming. Cost me the match and puts. I have pics of the field at the moment I realized I was glitches, and of my deck. 
  • MonoRedControl
    It seems to be happening more frequently for me recently. If I had to guess whats the problem, most of those games involved doing fatal damage in between creatures 1 and 2 attack animation, be it double strike or damaging ability like brash taunter
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't seen anyone complain about this in a while. Is it fixed?
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

We could not reproduce this issue. If you face it again please let us know.

In order to help us, please provide the following information if you have it (you can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game):

• A screenshot of the battle log?

• The Planeswalker you were using and its level.

• Which Event and Node.

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,

Rebeca.