How to understand the new milestone rewards for collecting 5star powers?

Srheer0
Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
Hi all,

So the milestones got updated with the recent update. My question is, How do they calculate how many 5star covers you have pulled?

The "collect 250 powers for 5star heroes" milestone shows me as 172/250 for it.

This can't possibly be correct. I have 25 5stars already champed (so 13x25 + extra covers for going beyond 450 is 325 covers minimum). And somewhere in the region of 200 covers on my unchamped 5s.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    They started the counter after the Milestones were rolled out.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    I find it humorous that I have a ‘Promote 2-star heroes to Champion 50 times’ milestone yet to achieve but have probably promoted 500 over the course of my MPQ career. I’m a little disappointed that I haven’t promoted 50 since I came back from my break. They probably did it this way to avoid too many retroactive rewards for older rosters.
  • Srheer0
    They started the counter after the Milestones were rolled out.

But they didn't do that for all the milestones? Very confusing :( 
  • HoundofShadow
    No. If they were to do that, those players who played since 2013 wouldn't need to do anything at all, besides clicking the claim button.
  • Srheer0
    No. If they were to do that, those players who played since 2013 wouldn't need to do anything at all, besides clicking the claim button.

Didn't that happen when they introduced milestones in the first place? I had practically every 4star champed and got a ton of milestone rewards from having 4s champed and having X amount of 4star covers collected.  

Hence me being confused about the 5s. They don't appear to be following the same pattern. It doesn't make logical sense.
  • HoundofShadow
    It happened for only some Milestones. 

I think they have different rules for different Milestones. It's probably logical from their POVs. Afterall, they have more data than us to determine how certain milestones should be "remembered".
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    some milestones were retroactive and some were not.  They explained when milestones were first introduced that they wanted vets to get benefits from being long term players but they didn't make all of them retroactive because they wanted vets to have something to do for milestones and not just be instantly done right away.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    It's odd though how when they introduced it, most of them were retroactive. But these ones are only partially retroactive.

If I add up all the 5*s I have and count the covers plus the champ levels I have 652 covers. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    The goal is/was to encourage players to play more / have something to look forward to.
    Champing a bunch of 2 and 3* is trivial for advanced rosters so there is no reason not to let players work toward that again (same with make X matches because it adds up fast).
    Other things like spending ISO you need to give some partial credit for since the millions needed won't be required again for advanced rosters since they have so many characters champed so you won't be spending it again.
    KGB
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    If I add up all the 5*s I have and count the covers plus the champ levels I have 652 covers. 

How many 5* covers you had since December. When the milestones were first introduced. And that's how many covers you have. Hope this helps.