What's special about special offer heroic store besides the price?

Options
Akoni
Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
Is there a difference between the Heroic store and the Special Offer Heroic store? I don't know why this annoys me so much, but this question has been on my mind for a little while. I have gone back and forth comparing them and cannot tell the difference between them. The items, odds, and shards are all the same. The only difference is the price. Is that it or am I missing something else? Why not just provide a bigger, limited-time discount on the regular Heroic store? Is there some loophole they're avoiding by having a completely different store offer?

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I always thought it was because they found it easier (or less glitchy) to code in a new, identical, store than temporarily change prices on an existing one multiple times. But yeah, I too find it confusing. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I think it's about the price. The special heroic is 250HP and the regular heroic cost 300HP (except the first).

Well, that's stupid from me. I quickly read: what's special etc. and missed the beside the price part. Facepalm.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    The 1x is not the point of this store.

10,000HP for a 40-pack used to be the cheapest way to convert real money into legendary tokens.  I knew people who'd buy 10 of these packs every off-season.

Edit: I also missed the "besides the price" part.  I think they just don't have a way to run a "sale" on token prices besides the one time daily discount.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In-season PvP events have a heroic-type token that gives enhanced odds for the featured character of the PvP.

They don't code special stores for all the miscellaneous off-season events, probably because they often feature large groups of characters or have no requireds at all, so you get the special offer store instead.

As a bonus, it's a little cheaper than a regular heroic so if you were going to put your HP to terrible waste it would be just a little less terrible.
  • Akoni
    Options
    Theghouse said:
    In-season PvP events have a heroic-type token that gives enhanced odds for the featured character of the PvP.

They don't code special stores for all the miscellaneous off-season events, probably because they often feature large groups of characters or have no requireds at all, so you get the special offer store instead.

As a bonus, it's a little cheaper than a regular heroic so if you were going to put your HP to terrible waste it would be just a little less terrible.
    Are those odds posted somewhere? I've checked the odds over and over again and can't seem to find an increase.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Akoni said:
    Theghouse said:

Are those odds posted somewhere? I've checked the odds over and over again and can't seem to find an increase.

You will know if you look at the odds.

It will show "8x chance" or something like that on specific 4stars. These are only on the 10x pulls and the 40x pulls iirc. So effectively if there are 105 4stars in the game (I forget how many there are now), in those specific stores when you pull a 4star it would have a 8:105 chance of being the special one and a 1:105 chance of being the others.
  • Akoni
    Options
    Thanks @Srheer0, I must've overlooked it.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The 1x is not the point of this store.

10,000HP for a 40-pack used to be the cheapest way to convert real money into legendary tokens.  I knew people who'd buy 10 of these packs every off-season.

Edit: I also missed the "besides the price" part.  I think they just don't have a way to run a "sale" on token prices besides the one time daily discount.
    This is it in a nutshell.  There really isn’t anything “special”. It was a direct response to players asking for a way to buy 40x at a consistent price.  In that day and age,  the primary growth engine was 4*,  so you could reliably champ new releases with packs.