No more 48 hour subs please!?

Options
Rhipf
Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
They happen infrequently enough that invariably I screw up every 3rd or 4th time they roll around. :(

Comments

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd like nothing better.  I can't stand them, especially when The Hunt's "Florida" chapter is a 2-day event.

They can bin Deadpool vs MPQ as well, or make it a 4-day version with all the new characters for him to fight.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd like nothing better.  I can't stand them, especially when The Hunt's "Florida" chapter is a 2-day event.
    That Florida sub is bad even when it's only 24 hours, the nodes are too disorganized.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I almost always screw up the 48 hour subs. I started reading the Reddit for events because they remind me when to expect them so that helps. But I also consider them a break from the daily grind this game requires. 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love the 48 hour sub.  Always easier to place because invariably someone overgrinds.  
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The very first time that I ever put in a ticket to customer service it was because of a 48 hour sub. I thought that the game screwed up. They just gave me some garbage answer like "We'll have the devs look into it." Could have just said "Oh, some events have one or two subs that are 48 hours long so there's nothing wrong with that sub." But nooooo. That would be too easy to just inform a player.

Anyway, I love 48 hour subs because someone always screws up and so I get better placement. :smiley:
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Rhipf said:
    They happen infrequently enough that invariably I screw up every 3rd or 4th time they roll around. :(
    Sorry to put it this way but, just pay more attention? There's only a few events that allow these so it's not super hard to remember.
    You don’t even have to remember the events. There’s a “Time Left” indicator in the top right corner of every sub. It’s super easy to glance at that before you do any clearing. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds like a personal problem. 
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2021
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Rhipf said:
    Sorry to put it this way but, just pay more attention? There's only a few events that allow these so it's not super hard to remember.

To be honest I don't really care if there are 48 hour subs or not. I really just made this thread in hopes of finally shaming myself into remembering to always check if it is a 48 hour sub or not (or just remember which event have 48 hour subs). Unfortunately I know this won't be the last time I screw up. :):p

You don’t even have to remember the events. There’s a “Time Left” indicator in the top right corner of every sub. It’s super easy to glance at that before you do any clearing. 
    The problem isn't that there aren't any indicators for when subs end the problem is that I get into a habit and eventually forget to check the time left indicator. It may be easy to glance up and see the time left but you do have to remember to look up before doing a clear. :o
    I have an alarm set to remind me to do my clears but I forget.don't bother to change this alarm when 48 hour subs roll around.

Sounds like a personal problem. 

Yes, it is definitely a personal problem. :D
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My alliance is great at helping with this. I just asked them to put a message in case I don't notice and someone always does. I'm sure your alliance would do the same if you asked. You're definitely not alone in not realising when it's a 48 hour sub.
  • Pat1985
    Pat1985 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My alliance is great at helping with this. I just asked them to put a message in case I don't notice and someone always does. I'm sure your alliance would do the same if you asked. You're definitely not alone in not realising when it's a 48 hour sub.
    We'll always remind you Jimbo no worries there!

I personally love the 48hr subs, as mentioned earlier it eases on the daily grinds and gives you a little breather. Further to those handy points and as also mentioned earlier invariably a lot of people overgrind and it helps you jump up in placement.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean, I get it.  48 hour subs are simultaneously a boon and a curse, depending on the player.

I remember being all annoyed in my early days that a 48 hour sub meant less resources that were already hard to come by.  A 48 hour sub also means, in the current days, that you should have 4 tokens saved up for milestone redemption, just in case that happens after 24 hours.  I've honestly just gotten in the habit of not claiming anything until after milestone reset.  Now I get to open once a day, like usual.

As a veteran player, I enjoy the time off from the grind for a day.  Quick and easy single clears.  Sure, I could fuss about clear timers, but I usually just hit each node with 5 minutes left until full points and call it a day.

But ultimately, it's just a game.  There will always be some frustrating things with any game.  But since 48 hour subs  have been here from pretty much the beginning, I think this is a battle not worth choosing.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Also love 48 hours subs.

BTW, I can understand when people say they don't like 48 hr subs because of less resources (though the difference is very tiny IMO), but wanting them gone because it's too much of a bother to read how much time the sub has left to run... 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Overall I ike them.  

Yes it can ruin people's flow if they fail to notice, but that's why you have the time remaining countdown. And why your alliance remind you about 48hr subs (atleast mine does. And there is still always someone that gets caught out). 

Imagine the confusion if D3 ever do a 72Hr sub.
  • NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We need 4 day events with two 48 hour subs!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    NMANOZ1 said:
    We need 4 day events with two 48 hour subs!
    Deadpool vs. MPQ says hi
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't know where you are as far as how long you've been playing, but I once upon a time felt like you, but now, I welcome "the night off" here and there.
    And just like Jimbo said, ask your alliance mates to put a reminder in the chat, and sure enough, someone always does and will help you against clearing too soon (we've all done it).
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,195 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bring back 12hr subs!!!

(Yes, there actually used to be 12hr subs)