MPQ R226 Delayed (Update: It's Coming)

Options

Comments

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2021
    Options

I didn't know this existed, he looks terrible!  (The article I came up with calls him Dr. Juggernaut.)  Also, another option would be D3's own character like Peggy or 5* Deadpool.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I guess we have 3 options:
    1.) Another WandaVision character
    2.) We are done with WandaVision and are now onto Falcon & Winter Soldier
    3.) Somebody completely random like Yellowjacket was
    4). Comic book related

They like to promote their ongoing comics.  I think there is a big xmen event going on and there is also a comic where characters have mashed up with other characters.  Maybe the next 5 star will be Doomernaut or Juggerdoom or whatever they are calling the dr doom jugg mash up.

Ah yes, could be. What a strange mash-up that is! His cunning plan is a running headbutt!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That looks like Ram Man from He-Man lol. I still have my fingers crossed for Mojo and Omega Red to hit the game at some point, but I don't really know what's going on in the comics right now aside from Krakoa stuff. Surely Krakoa won't be playble?
  • DAZ0273
    Options

gravel said:

I didn't know this existed, he looks terrible!  (The article I came up with calls him Dr. Juggernaut.)  Also, another option would be D3's own character like Peggy or 5* Deadpool.

Oh dear lord...he looks like the old British TV kids character Metal Mickey!

• DAZ0273
    Options
    That looks like Ram Man from He-Man lol. I still have my fingers crossed for Mojo and Omega Red to hit the game at some point, but I don't really know what's going on in the comics right now aside from Krakoa stuff. Surely Krakoa won't be playble?

Krakoa would sure need to be a Boss Event (do we even get new ones any more?)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    see also:

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    The newest Alliance Event I can think of was Battle at the Basilica, or maybe Places of Power? I forget which. It's been a LONG time since PoP was run to my memory, but it had a completely inscrutable point structure to most of us so I don't think I really miss that one. 

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hopefully somebody reads this forum and decides to call their kid Juggerdoom.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    The newest Alliance Event I can think of was Battle at the Basilica, or maybe Places of Power? I forget which. It's been a LONG time since PoP was run to my memory, but it had a completely inscrutable point structure to most of us so I don't think I really miss that one. 

Places of Power was utterly terrible. I remember a lot of my Alliance not having Domino (I think?) and it completely screwed us over. I seem to recall there was another similar type one but I don't recall the name of it.
    Battle at the Basillica would be my guess as the last one and that would have been 2019?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Places of Power was the one that gave lots of LTs. 2 per day?
    However, for normal alliances, you will get players who do their own things despite posting repeatedly in the chat. Thus, your plan goes up in smoke.

I think the one that followed PoP was Sinister 600? This event got booed pretty badly because it didn't give as many LTs as PoP. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2021
    Options
    the second running of PoP already had a severe reduction in rewards, and I think that was where the negative nancy-ists really got vocal. I want to say Sinister 600 was perceived as too easy, since there are 2x bosses per refresh, so you can finish it VERY quickly if you have any kind of decent alliance at all.

*edit* after reading that thread about Sinister 600, i believe i had it confused with the Sinister 6 boss event
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I can't remember PoP being run twice.  Sinister 600 was similar to PoP, with unsatisfactory rewards. I found the poll for SinisTer 600.

PoP was run on Oct 2018 and Sinister 600 two months later.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76521/sinister-600-poll-how-do-you-like-this-event/p1

• DAZ0273
    Options
    I seem to remember it was quite hard too or maybe grindy and you couldn't afford any non optimal play?

Anyway - bring on this Krakoa Boss event!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    In those days new events were being introduced more frequently (or perhaps at all), and it was generally the norm for them to have really good rewards on first run, and then significantly less rewards on subsequent runs which I feel happened a few weeks later. I suppose it's possible that they only ran it once, I see that the thread for it is only a month or two before Sinister 600's thread.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Well that thread confirms that neither I nor my co-commander were a fan!
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    PoP was ran as part of Anniversary celebration. That probably explained the better than usual rewards.

We didn't have any new raid event last celebration. I'm still hoping they can bring back the PvE (just once) where the entire playerbase determines the progress rewards of alliance event. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I kind of wonder if I’d enjoy a rerun of Sakaar Arena; I do have a bit of nostalgia for it, but also I don’t relish the idea of constantly playing lightning rounds across a weekend. But the original run of that with the really small (100 players?) brackets was a reward factory, it was cool. The second run with the normal sized brackets was less cool for sure.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Hey all, just wanted to give a heads up that due to some run-of-the-mill shenanigans with one of the first parties that we're delaying the release of 226 slightly.

Nothing particularly strange here... We're not pulling an Epic and getting into a battle against all the first parties or anything, just a thing that came up that slows our release a little. Still planning on pushing it Live this week on all platforms. This won't have any effect on ongoing events for this week.

Just letting you all know in case you were wondering why that Update button hasn't lit up like it normally does every other Monday!
    Just as a heads-up, this week’s boosted list includes Morbius, but the season delay means he won’t be available in packs.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    As an update, R226 is finally through all platform submissions, so it'll be going Live on all platforms as soon as they individually make things available. Thanks all for your patience!
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Clue on iOS is: 

“DeVoid of humanity”

Capitalized like that as well.