Extended Offseason (4/23/21)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited April 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
Update (4/27/21): Here are the offseason PVP events: S.W.O.R.D. Fighting (4/25), Claws for Concern (4/27, Four Score (4/29), The Best Offense (5/2), and Danger Room (5/4).

At the conclusion of the Power Stone Season, there will be an extended offseason by 7 additional days.  The next season will start on May 6.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Comments

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Does that mean we have to wait to target Morbius? :(
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    At the conclusion of the Power Stone Season, there will be an extended offseason by 7 additional days.  The next season will start on May 6.

any particular reason why? new norm or one off? The heads up is cool, but coulda come with a bit more info...
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Since there is extra time between seasons does that mean we will get a second Puzzle Ops event?
    KGB
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    Since there is extra time between seasons does that mean we will get a second Puzzle Ops event?
    KGB
    Maybe a Gwen Prix.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Kind've a weird bit of news to drop without explanation as to why. Seems like something that will stoke the flames of speculation.
    But we have been asking for more communication. So, thank you. It is appreciated.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I hope the dev can squeeze in Balance of Power or Combined Arm during this off season.
  • KGB
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Kind've a weird bit of news to drop without explanation as to why. Seems like something that will stoke the flames of speculation.
    But we have been asking for more communication. So, thank you. It is appreciated.
    It's probably just to line up the beginning/ends of seasons with future stuff like the Start of Anniversary in the fall and perhaps some movie tie-in releases etc.
    KGB
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Probably something like that. Or to get a new 4 star release pvp inside a season instead of the first off season event every time
  • Borstock
    Options
    KGB said:
    Borstock said:
    It's probably just to line up the beginning/ends of seasons with future stuff like the Start of Anniversary in the fall and perhaps some movie tie-in releases etc.
    KGB

Could be. Just seems like something where, if you think about it, what's going to be the reaction? Speculation. Heck, you've already seen people reply with things they're hoping happen during the extra time. And then if nothing does happen....
    Feels like explaining why might prevent disappointment is all I'm thinking.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2021
    Options
    GIven how well the UI updates were received, I wouldn't be surprised if they were taking time off for team restructuring. I'd like to know if this is just an overall delay or if the things we've come to expect at certain times in a season will start working differently (various releases, alliance events, gauntlets and the like). We really should just have a set schedule for in-game happenings, it's amazing that any modern design team can't even maintain something like that when the majority of it is already running on a repeating schedule. Your hardcore audience thrives on predictability so maybe take that into account... surprise additions are great but we all get thrown off when you deviate in other directions.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A way to include both new characters pvp into the season ?
  • KGB
    Options
    If you don't care much for off season events you can spend your time downloading and trying out the early release of Puzzle Quest 3 (Android only) the grand daddy of match 3 RPG's.
    It's got some interesting features like diagonal swaps (plus the normal up/down swaps) and your turn is timed in that you can look at the board as long as you want to plan things and then when you start your move you have 2 seconds to make as many swaps (matches) as you can (I can do about 3 if they are close together)  and then all matches resolve at the same time (ie gems removed and new gems fall in).
    KGB
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jredd said:
    LakeStone said:

any particular reason why? new norm or one off? The heads up is cool, but coulda come with a bit more info...
    produced a major new bug while "increasing game experience" (i. e. rollback untested ui changes) and are now scrambling to roll back THOSE changes. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some alliance members are on vacation. It could be just that.
    But dont stop the speculation!
    We are used to swim in speculation at each new character, by the fact  :D

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    To be fair if they did nothing then the same would happen. People would be freaking out about why the new season hasn't started yet.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    If you don't care much for off season events you can spend your time downloading and trying out the early release of Puzzle Quest 3 (Android only) the grand daddy of match 3 RPG's.
    It's got some interesting features like diagonal swaps (plus the normal up/down swaps) and your turn is timed in that you can look at the board as long as you want to plan things and then when you start your move you have 2 seconds to make as many swaps (matches) as you can (I can do about 3 if they are close together)  and then all matches resolve at the same time (ie gems removed and new gems fall in).
    KGB
    Dude...  why did that game have to come out?!  :)

I've been in love with the PQ games since its inception.  The only thing that irks me is that (unlike PQ1/2/Galactrix) it's a Gacha game... but hey, I play MPQ, so I'm used to it by now.

...that and it drains the resources HARD on my phone.  Maybe I should actually WORK at work more... :P
  • KGB
    edited April 2021
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

Dude...  why did that game have to come out?!  :)

I've been in love with the PQ games since its inception.  The only thing that irks me is that (unlike PQ1/2/Galactrix) it's a Gacha game... but hey, I play MPQ, so I'm used to it by now.

...that and it drains the resources HARD on my phone.  Maybe I should actually WORK at work more... :P
    Yeah it sucked the life out of my S9+ when I was playing such that the phone was constantly hot. Maybe because I had it setup to download images/resources as needed but either way it's WAY harder on my battery / CPU than MPQ is.
    I also hate it's a gacha game (I played all those ones you mentioned plus the other ones like NeoPets, Deathbringer, Puzzle Kingdom since I was a beta tester for I2) but since everyone here is play MPQ they should be able to ignore the urge to spend too much. Right :*
    KGB
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A way to include both new characters pvp into the season ?
    Partly. By delaying things a week, the next "New 4-Star Character" PVP  event should be during the last week of the season. This will let them enter tokens much closer to their release (just over a week, instead of waiting almost an entire season like we are currently).

I would imagine that's more important than getting both new events into the same PVP season.
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2021
    Options
    They couldn't have done this when they introduced the shoddy UI changes that made many players sick? 🙄
    Of course not, especially when the Power Stone season was soon to happen and they could deny so many players of the opportunity to vie for the most powerful stone!  #done
  • Borstock
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Borstock said:
    To be fair if they did nothing then the same would happen. People would be freaking out about why the new season hasn't started yet.

I'm not suggesting they do nothing. I'm suggesting they explain it, even if the explanation is just "we are lining things up for down the road".