Deckbuilder close itself at O´Clock hours

Options
Keyler
Keyler Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
For what reason, if I am building a deck within an event, at the O´Clock hours (7:00, 8:00...), the game exits the deckbuilding menu and go to the event menu and many times the half-done deck does not save and I have to start creating it from zero with the consequent loss of time?
Could that be modified? Many times it does even if there is no active events which I am playing and has ended, it is very frustrating to waste time.

Comments

• versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hate when that happens.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You are not alone in disliking this "feature"
    Nobody seems to know what causes it, but its been a pain in the butt for years.
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This happens when an event ends, which just happens to be at various hour marks.  I imagine what happens is an event ends, and since you are in the event area (building a deck) it kicks you out to the events screen and ends the event, showing your score and giving you your rewards.  If you werent in the event area, say in the vault or booster crafting, nothing would happen until you went to the events area, where it would end any events.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @ambrosio191 - sorry, but that explanation does not match my experience.

I have been unable to complete matchmaking, open boosters or edit decks at the top of the hour, so it is something more fundamental at work.
  • ambrosio191
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    @ambrosio191 - sorry, but that explanation does not match my experience.

I have been unable to complete matchmaking, open boosters or edit decks at the top of the hour, so it is something more fundamental at work.

I dont think I've ever been in another area when an event ended, or at least I cant remember it.  If you are experiencing it everywhere than you are likely right.  I only remember it happening while in the deck editor, and inferred from there.  Either way I think the main culprit is events ending, not the hour change.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2021
    Options
    My impression was also that it happened at any "o' clock" and not due to an event ending. So I just tested it by getting in the deck editor for Journey and waited till it turned 8 pm; nothing happened. So it seems ambrosio191 was right after all.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @ambrosio191 @ArielSira - It happened to me yesterday, top of the hour, no event ending, deck editing cancelled.

last week opening booster, top of the hour, no event ending, and I got a SWW multiple times before I cancelled and retried right after.

also last week, top of the hour, no event ending, matchmaking failed I got a spinning wheel and no opponent.
  • ambrosio191
    Options
    @Tremayne @ArielSira What platform are you playing on, android or ios?  I think I remember someone somewhere in the various forums/discord groups say that makes a difference as to whether you get interrupted or not.  I am on android.
  • ArielSira
    Options
    I'm on android as well. The SWW and booting from deck editor I get just the same as you guys, no idea why it didnt happen when I tested it this evening.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @ambrosio191 - IOS on fully update iPad Pro. I’m pretty sure it is universal, but I can’t be sure if the problem is occasionally fixed on either platform. I do mean occasionally, since source code management seems to be flawed. At least that is the impression I’m left with through the years.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's no reason to assume that SWW and deck editor boot are the same issue.

SWW happens for a few seconds on the hour, every hour.  It's likely due to server cycling or similar.

I think the suggestion that deck editor boot happens when an event ends may be correct, and the observation that most events end on the hour is certainly correct.
  • ambrosio191
    Options
    I feel like SWW in this instance is different to the deck editor boot.  Ive played and finished a lot of games at the hour change and experience a general slow down and SWW for a little bit before going back to normal.  Ive never experienced getting kicked out of an area of the game (other than the event area) when an event ends.  I could start up right now, play around in the card view and vault and then close the app, and the game wont recognize that I've got two training grounds events that have ended waiting for me to claim.  It's not until I go to the events section that it "ends" everything and gives me any rewards.  One thing someone could try is going to the planewalker section and start to build a deck there and wait for the hour change, and wait for an event to change while in that particular deck builder.  If it doesnt kick you out there it's something related to being in the event area, not the deck editor.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @ambrosio191 @Volrak - well, we are just guessing in a vacuum. So I suppose your guess is just as good as mine.  :)

Whatever the reason, there is some sort of housekeeping job that results in this annoying issue. For all I know it could be reissuing of authentication tokens that is the underlying cause.
  • ArielSira
    Options
    I was in the deck editor for Standard training grounds when suddenly it happened again, 7 pm just now. This time the Journey event started, so maybe it's when events start rather than end?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm routinely booted out of Deck Editor when Training Ground ends. It's comical how often I happen to be editing a deck at that moment. 
  • Tremayne
    edited May 2021
    Options
    This just happened to me again! Couldn’t get a match at exactly 3pm (local time). Tried 3 times and on the 4th attempt it succeeded.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @critman - you are totally correct, though off topic. I fail to understand why it takes the QLS several seconds to generate a simple objective.

• Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    It would be great if they could fix this. I believe this has been brought up many times in the past and yet we are still here though.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    Claiming match fails at the top of the hour. 3 retries before succeeding.
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    opening packs at this time I've had errors as well. Followed  with the friendly msg "don't worrie we added your rewards to your collection"

funny how it's NEVER a new card!