30 CP Latest, an idea

Options
zonatahunt
zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
What if for 30 cp we could choose the three possible 4* rewards.  Meaning, if we didn’t pull one of the three latest 5*, then whichever 4* we pull it’ll be one of the three we selected.  I see it as a way to spend more, and a way to focus on a select few at the same time.  Just your thoughts.

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm lost. Why would anyone pay 30 cp for a 4*?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's three targeted 4*, which means the odds are 6/7 * 1/3 for the 4* that you want, rather than 6/7 * 1/110.

You can max champ them faster for higher cp with that suggestion.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m not interested in that at all, but I have all 4*s champed except the 2 most recently released generally. My interests at this point are in accelerated 5* acquisition, and nearly all of the fed characters i’d chase that way are just for trophy/completionist purposes. 4* with the exception of a very few are just reward factories for me in the same way 3s and 2s are, and I’m not even a high level competitive player. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You can spend 120 CP to get a 4star cover once you have an initial cover of them.

Almost everyone should be able to get a cover of the 4stars in their PVE release just from half progression in SCL7 PVE.

What problem is your suggestion trying to solve?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    If that store came with higher 5* shard count or something, like significantly higher, I'd consider it, otherwise it's a no from me, dog.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would cost a minimum of 3,390 CP (113x30) to max champ a single four star (assuming you only drew one so extremely unlikey) and a maximum 10,170 CP to max champ all three. My math skills are lacking to determine what the number of pulls it would take to max champ one of the three 4* in this scenario. If it is anything over 7,500 (300 pulls) you would be better off using your CP and chasing meta 5* characters from stores, though maybe the return in champ rewards (such as a guaranteed 18 covers from three 5* characters) would help balance the equation a bit. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    ^don't forget about setting them as your shard target. Depending on what number shards this hypothetical store gave out that max-champ trajectory could be much shorter. But pulling as I went pre-shards, it took me about 1 actual year to bonus hero my way to a max champ America Chavez attempting to cover Jessica Jones.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Spend MORE of one of the most valuable resources in the game (CPs) to obtain one of the most diluted resources in the game (4* covers).
    Even cherry-picking the characters isn't worth that. No.