How much do you play each day?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    To make the above more complicated, it's not 100% true because there are hidden decimals which none of us can see. If  character A is one level higher than  character B (placed in the middle) who has the same match damage,  A will still tank that colour even if he's not in the middle. 

However, the post above regarding general rule of thumb about positioning of characters is sufficent for 99% of your MPQ career.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021

I also sometimes use my lvl 168 Deadpool 3* 5/5/3 with lvl 186 Scarlet Witch 3* 5/3/5 with a random #2 to bury enemies in whales. This usually takes only until Scarlet Witch's pink fires, then I can fire a Deadpool red or 2 to get any "tough" enemies below 4100 health for the whales. but these matches can drag on if the enemy keeps matching away SWitch's countdown tile.
    Looks like you took out my PVP team with this combo lol. Nicely done. I’ll try and hit you back with an easy team. Probably Mags/Storm. If you hit me back with the same team, we can retal back and forth a bit and you can collect some wins. I don’t really need them (currently at 76), but I don’t mind helping you if you need more. I normally don’t even look at the names of the people I hit; but saw you and recognized you from here. 

Edit: nevermind. I tried with a level 40 iron man and 2* Storm but wiped. Ah well lol. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    On my main account I spend about 1hr and 15 minutes a day on PVE. This includes 3 clears, and then 4 clears of the next sub in SCL9.  

I spend 10-20 minutes a day on deadpool daily.  

And 3 or 4 times a week I spend up to an hour on PVP.  

During boss events, I go ham. Clear everything every 8 hrs or so.

On my alt account I am only really logging it on the days pvp end to get easy pvp placements. It's currently developing 4star roster. If there is a good 4star in the PVE progression, I will do 6-10k a day in the PVE SCL7 until I get the cover.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd probably say I put in, on average, around 1 to 1.5 hours a day.  This is, of course, mostly focused on the time before a sub ends and after one begins.  If I could spread that around a bit more and stay competitive, I certainly would.

PVP is a bit of a mixed bag with fits and starts.  I try not to put in more than 20 minutes in at a time and I always play in two to three stages.  1) Opening - climb to 400 and float.  2) Climb to 900 and shield out or 3) climb up close and do a short float, then shield out.  The Sunday/Monday PVPs are where option 3 comes in.  Part three is also if it is a new release PVP, then I'll pop up to 1,000.

DDQ used to be a quick 10 minutes, but then milestones arrived, so it takes a bit longer now that I'm actively searching for matches that meet the daily milestone requirements.  Not complaining about the additional time for this.  Honestly, the new milestone-enhanced DDQ is probably my favorite part of the game these days.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depends a bit, overall my playtime has been a bit less lately but on average somewhere between 1 and 2 hours each day. I often play while watching tv or youtube.
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Tried a Strange/fist/Polaris battle, and a daken/fist/Polaris battle. 

Dr. Strange’s passive does more damage than everyone else combined. Just not enough special tiles for Polaris, even if I am matching green every other turn. Each battle everyone lost about half their health, so 2 battles would cost me 5 heal packs to recover... so these are really useless combinations.

KGB you mentioned placing characters in certain spots - I gather you meant so they fire special passives. But I don’t know how to determine who goes where... I usually just put my lowest health character in the 3 spot (the right) and my highest health in the #1 spot (the middle)
    It sounds like when you’re using Polaris you’re just accumulating special tiles, but not actively matching them away (and replicating as a result)? This is a huge part of how the character works and would drastically reduce your PVE time. I have an alt account with a 3 cover Polaris and it takes me ~35 minutes to do clears for SCL4. As for the passives, you want Polaris in the middle so she spawns her strike tile at turn start, then Fist/Cage in either spot 1 or 2 so theirs procs after hers. Then with some luck you can start matching away special tiles and get the engine kick-started turn 2. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd say around an hour for me, depending on how much attention im paying.  ;)

DDQ - about 10 minutes tops.
    PvE - around 50 minutes.

Im trying to cut it down more, as most people do.  I only do full progression, but i only have baby champ 5*s.  That said, my 5 cover iHulk, 452 Okoye, and 290-ish Polaris are probably one of my fastest options.  For pick 2s, its Thorpocalypse all day.  I wanted Okoye/3*SW/Scorpion to be faster, but it fails whenever that countdown gets taken out.
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    I used to play 4-6 hr per day.  That was cl10 PVE (1 hr open, 1 hr grind) PVP shield hopping, 30 min DDQ, and Lightning rounds.  I've gotten this down to about 2 hr PVE and DDQ, with 1 hr full climbs to shield out in PVP.  Still too much time, but I'd just waste it anyways
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Normally, I spend between 60-90 minutes each day playing although it can be higher or lower on certain days.  The bulk of that is spent on doing 3 clears of PvE on SCL 10 with some variance based on the actual event.  15 minutes is then spent on DPD (which I feel is way too much, just allow us to use higher level characters for those who have them for this....) and then 5 minutes in PvP (of which I only dabble in) and another 5-10 minutes on roster management/tokens/etc.  I am PvE casual player though with no placement goals.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm probably down to 45-90mins per day depending if there are both PVE/PVP events .

PVE: if not new release then I do 3x clears of SCL10 no grind fro max progress. Otherwise I do optimal but drop to SCL8. Either way it's less than an hour

PVP: Straight climb to 900 and shield out within the final 3-8hrs. Usually about 30-45mins

DDQ: Less than 10 minutes

Boss events are a huge time saver. Just 10-15mins scattered through out the day
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Too much.  XD

I definitely spend more time than some of these super-efficient players, but then I don't place so much emphasis on finishing every fight as quickly as possible. There's such a huge variety of characters, so I like to make the most of them, even if that means it occasionally takes me 20mins to finish one fight. This is why I mostly focus on PvP. It's just so satisfying if I manage to beat a meta team with a non-meta team. Even then, if I want the 4* rewards, I'll usually be aiming for 50 wins rather than worrying about points total as it just gets too frustrating seeing those points go down again each time I get hit. I was very pleased that they brought in that alternative way to get progression rewards. Originally, it was just based on points.

Up until recently, I'd never really put much effort into PvE. I rarely did more than one clear per node as it feels like such a grind to just repeat the same fights again and again. Sure it became a lot quicker to go through once I started using Apocalypse, Chavez and 3* Strange as my main team, but no less grindy. This month I did decide to do a couple of PvE to full progression. It certainly does give good rewards but not sure I'll do it that often. 

Personally I find that obsessing too much about efficiency can make the game feel more like a chore.

• Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2021
    Pongie said:
    I'm probably down to 45-90mins per day depending if there are both PVE/PVP events .

PVE: if not new release then I do 3x clears of SCL10 no grind fro max progress. Otherwise I do optimal but drop to SCL8. Either way it's less than an hour

PVP: Straight climb to 900 and shield out within the final 3-8hrs. Usually about 30-45mins

DDQ: Less than 10 minutes

Boss events are a huge time saver. Just 10-15mins scattered through out the day
    So you don’t actually clear DDQ? It seems a shame to pass on free tokens.

With my 3* roster I have a hard time climbing much last 400points in any PvP and staying there. Kind of depressing to climb into 500+ points eventually only to get hammered by teams with 2 lvl 400+ 5* characters on their roster. My big PvP time changes based on my luck in finding matchable teams without 2 5* characters, though if you throw a single cover black or yellow Adam Warlock at me as your only rostered 5*, I am just going to “retaliate destroy” you with my 3* roster.

PvP all depends on the level. If I play against max level 179 enemies, I cannot clear all levels in the given timeframe. If I play against the max level 139 enemies, it takes about 2.5 hours to fully clear. If I play against the max level 79 enemies, I can easily finish off the entire PVE in less than 90 minutes.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,928 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    @Tanglefoot - 10 minutes is enough time for a mature roster to clear DDQ since you can use 5* characters on 2 of the nodes and that makes them take about 1 minute total. It's only the all 2* node that takes any real time (ie 7 of the 10 minutes).
    In PvP, you are exceeding MMR when you get hit by 2 lvl 400+ 5* characters. As the event moves towards completion (ie final 24 hr and less) MMR rises as more players have entered and pushed up the scores. That's when you should be able to achieve higher scores (ie push to 575 score to get that reward).
    It still seems your PvE time is taking a lot longer than I was at a similar level. It would still be good to see a video of your playing a few nodes to see how your team is performing and how fast you are matching tiles etc. L139 enemies should be nothing to your roster that has 3* champs on it.
    You have a decent Polaris so now you need 4* Grocket so he should be one of your shargets (along with Polaris till you champ her).
    KGB
  • Tanglefoot
    KBG if I can figure out how to capture a video and post it, I'll try. Offhand I do not see an option to post a video here, so it will be an adventure.

I am up to 296 shards towards my newest level on Polaris. Once I hit the next upgrade and make her 2/4/5 (2 covers, the rest shards) I will favorite R4G to open a yellow cover - I drew a R4G blue cover from the Spicy Taco Vault a couple weeks back. 65 spicy tokens means I can be choosey when a sexy 4* appears in the vault (pretty much Polaris, Medusa (2 covers), R4G (1 cover), Captain Marvel (2 covers), and I don't think I could pass on a Juggs (0 covers, but it's Juggs).

I pretty much understand the MMR thing - what I don't really understand is how so many players with such high level characters can possibly be in the same slice as me when I have exactly 1 character over level 190. I see the logic (from D3go's point of view) of trying to encourage me to spend $$ to compete with them, but I do not appreciate it.

I know one thing I find frustrating is that I regularly clear nodes without firing any active powers. Too many times I never earn enough AP to fire powers, so I end up clearing them with match damage and passive powers like Dr. Strange 3* yellow. I hate it when I have a Dr. Strange, IM40 and 3*Luke Cage, and all I can get are green and pink matches... or if I then swap in BW grey suit or Kamala Khan for Luke Cage, and all I can get are black and team ups - this one factor probably extends my play time more than any other event. Maybe I am just really bad at the matching game - I know the AI outcascades me at least 5 to 1.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    I like your spicy taco strategy. I would suggest that you ignore everyone but Polaris and R&G unless you have more than 80 tokens.  Up to you of course. 

I think the top of  your MMR is new whales. I don’t think their level goes up as quickly as their roster, so might not be able to access the higher SCLs. I, of course, could be completely wrong on this. 
  • KGB
    edited April 2021
    KBG if I can figure out how to capture a video and post it, I'll try. Offhand I do not see an option to post a video here, so it will be an adventure.

I believe you have to embed a link which means you upload the video to another site and link to it. That's probably the best way esp if you have a YouTube account or are signed up to other sites that allow you to upload videos/large files. Then you can post a link to it.

I pretty much understand the MMR thing - what I don't really understand is how so many players with such high level characters can possibly be in the same slice as me when I have exactly 1 character over level 190. I see the logic (from D3go's point of view) of trying to encourage me to spend $$ to compete with them, but I do not appreciate it.

Slices just open up and anyone can sign up for them if you meet the requirements. With my advanced roster I can only play CL8-10 in PvP and nothing lower. So if you are in CL6 for PvP then only those who are allowed to play in 6 will be able to be in your group of 1000 competing for placement.
    Note that this does NOT mean you only battle those 1000 players. You still battle anyone who signs up for the event. The 1000 people is just to qualify for placement rewards.

I know one thing I find frustrating is that I regularly clear nodes without firing any active powers. Too many times I never earn enough AP to fire powers, so I end up clearing them with match damage and passive powers like Dr. Strange 3* yellow.
    Then you are REALLY going to hate Polaris/Grocket/Juggs :D   I regularly clear all nodes clear CL8 7 times without firing a single power. I just entirely rely on Juggs and Polaris passives to do double and triple damage every turn melting thousands of health off enemies per turn.
    KGB
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    I know one thing I find frustrating is that I regularly clear nodes without firing any active powers. Too many times I never earn enough AP to fire powers, so I end up clearing them with match damage and passive powers like Dr. Strange 3* yellow. I hate it when I have a Dr. Strange, IM40 and 3*Luke Cage, and all I can get are green and pink matches... or if I then swap in BW grey suit or Kamala Khan for Luke Cage, and all I can get are black and team ups - this one factor probably extends my play time more than any other event. Maybe I am just really bad at the matching game - I know the AI outcascades me at least 5 to 1.
    This is why I always have a preference for forming teams where there's one active power for each colour. Unfortunately, such teams are rarely particularly fast.
  • Tanglefoot
    KGB, i just played DDQ with a timer running. Just shy of 9 minutes for the first 3 nodes that require 2* characters. Maybe I am just slow - maybe spending too much time looking for the best matches in gems? But yes, 9 minutes.

And 14 minutes to clear all 5 nodes. I don’t have the roster for the last 2. I was able to get into behemoth burrito one time - luckily it was with Deadpool and I won the match with a “drop all whales”.
  • KGB
    Sometimes those first 3 nodes can take longer if the enemy units are annoyingly slow (Sentries or even worse the AIM goons).
    I use Daken/Ares/Mags all maxed at 144 to do those (could swap in Thor for Ares) and pretty much just make the first match I see and don't worry about being efficient. If you really wanted to speed things up you can boost match damage by 20 or 40% especially once you have all your boosts full and don't have much use for them.
    KGB