Liliana3 (Deaths Majesty) 2nd Ability not working [Investigating]

JamesGam
JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
PLANESWALKER
  • Which Planeswalker? (Full PW Name)

Liliana Deaths Majesty
  • Which Level?

• Is it related to a mechanic, trigger, or ability text?

The relationship between the 1st and 2nd ability.
The 1st ability gives the creature you choose to destroy the "zombie" sub-type. In the past, this giving of sub-type was permanent, regardless of that creatures original sub-type. Therefore, when this creature dies, in the past, you could use the 2nd ability to bring said 1st ability "zombie"-fied creature back. However, this is no longer the case, as the sub-type is not retained when the creature dies and goes the graveyard (evidenced by the lack of the zombie sub-type in the graveyard view).
Side note: I believe it is very important the emphasize the extreme value of the synergy between the 1st and 2nd ability. Without this synergy, the value and usability of Lil3 will drop drastically.
  • All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Solemn Simulacrum
Dark Hatchling
Ayara, First of Locthwain
Chromatic Orrery
Pyromancer's Googles
Binding of Old Gods
Shadowspear
Skyclave Relic
Ruinious Ultimatum
Mythos of Nethroi

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    experienced this also.

Makes L3 pointless.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for all the information provided.
    This issue will be investigated!
  • davezavu
    davezavu Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2021
    My deck has both zombie and vampire creature cards. I use the first ability on the latter. Activating the second draws neither.
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Just dropping in to say that this is still a problem. With the black PMA release, it would be nice if my favorite black mono PW worked properly.
  • RUR_PL
    RUR_PL Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I'm confirming that it still there. I've informed support about this issue long ago via built-in system. Lately I've suggested that it's not a problem of ability itself, but it's a problem with resetting the card state while it enters graveyard. That confirms what @JamesGam wrote about this issue.