Can't wait to spend 2 hours climbing in PVP (a discussion on the new passive damage reduction meta)

2»

Comments

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Theghouse said:
    Colossus reduces match damage by over 80%.  Wanda's passive can reduce any damage by up to 80%, and reduce your characters' powers to single cover level.  Troll move, pair with BRB as a third in shield Sim.  1 damage, 1 damage, 1 damage...

What if (hear me out), you are able to stun Wanda. 

Then kill her.

Also, kitty's red should be nice against Wanda as if she takes damage every turn from the tile releasing its' charges, she will in turn make attack tiles, which in turn would cause more charges on wanda's tile when your turn ends - you get the gist.  

Also also, remind me what mobius does when you match an enemy special tile? Hopefully wanda's tiles count as being able to get destroyed in this manner. So you could bring C5rnage, mobius and someone else with a stun to help deal with defensive wanda teams.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    britty teams are pushover for hulkoye?

i swear we are not playing the same game. 
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    It seems like everybody (including myself) missed that Mystical Feedback doesn't actually work for Wanda.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Aweberman said:
    It seems like everybody (including myself) missed that Mystical Feedback doesn't actually work for Wanda.
    It does include herself as confirmed on discord:

"She includes herself.  Usually the wording for not including her is "other allies""
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are the devs posting on discord again?
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2021
    Srheer0 said:
    Theghouse said:
    Colossus reduces match damage by over 80%.  Wanda's passive can reduce any damage by up to 80%, and reduce your characters' powers to single cover level.  Troll move, pair with BRB as a third in shield Sim.  1 damage, 1 damage, 1 damage...

What if (hear me out), you are able to stun Wanda. 

Then kill her.

Also, kitty's red should be nice against Wanda as if she takes damage every turn from the tile releasing its' charges, she will in turn make attack tiles, which in turn would cause more charges on wanda's tile when your turn ends - you get the gist.  

Also also, remind me what mobius does when you match an enemy special tile? Hopefully wanda's tiles count as being able to get destroyed in this manner. So you could bring C5rnage, mobius and someone else with a stun to help deal with defensive wanda teams.
    Carnage, Morbius, and a stunner (probably Polaris or Gamora for length and reliability).  

Not a hefty team against Wanda/iHulk/Colossus/BRB.  Two of your three teammates can barely withstand one BRB power, Colossus power or match, or iHulk AOE. And they're all slow as hell. 

Kitty's circuit breaker won't eat Wandas repeater, and Kitty has no stun so by the time your attack tiles go off after powers and matches made they are reduced by 40-80%.  Against Wanda/colossus with his match damage reduction and Gritty has no teeth.

The point is not that defensive Wanda teams will be invincible, it is that all the conventional speed teams are slowed WAY down against her with other great defensive partners.
  • Theghouse
    Are the devs posting on discord again?
    Pumpkin patch was fairly active after the Wanda announcement.  Answered a few questions.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Care to copy/paste it somewhere? :)
  • Theghouse
    The discord server is publicly posted on puzzle warriors site and MPQ reddit.  I have no inclination to scroll through the general conversation to copy/paste snippets of conversation but here is a copy/paste of the server link.

https://discord.com/invite/014MgUwumeN8Q0Rnl
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Theghouse said:
    The discord server is publicly posted on puzzle warriors site and MPQ reddit.  I have no inclination to scroll through the general conversation to copy/paste snippets of conversation but here is a copy/paste of the server link.

https://discord.com/invite/014MgUwumeN8Q0Rnl

I'd say it's weird that the devs can spend time there rather than their official forums.....