Altering the board on your opponent’s turn

Options
2»

Comments

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Me too:

If Greg plays Day's undoing while I have avaricious dragon, then the mana generated by the destruction should be mine
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Not a fan of the change personally, but I am a fan of the rule clarification, so kudos to @Oktagon_Support for getting that worked out. Completely agree that affected cards should be re-evaluated and adjusted, however for me personally I doubt that any adjustment will be enough to warrant using those cards ever again with this liability hanging around their necks, certainly not in any event that matters. I still can't think of a reason they would have made this change in the first place unless it was a side effect of some other change or event restructuring.

edit: They could just put "On your turn:" in-front of Avaricious' text and it would be a pretty easy fix that is only a pretty minor nerf to its original power.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support - thank you for clarifying this. Now that the rules are clear, the players can anticipate the outcome better than before.

Not to be annoying, but this clarification does not fix everything, as there are still a number of outstanding issues with cards that either have incorrect terminology or excessive mana cost. I suppose that is for a different thread?
    Hello @Tremayne

I think so, it would be better to help the team investigate if these issues were described in a new thread.
    I appreciate all your help 😊
    Rebeca