Siege the day support can be demolished?!?

Options
Tremayne
Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
I have just finished a match in StD (top node) and I could use demolish the atatog resilient support with event rules. I thought that was not possible unless it was a bug.

Can someone replicate this?

Is it a bug if it is possible to remove the event rule support?

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    The supports on the top node have always been resilient instead of permanent, so they have been vulnerable to regular support destruction and certain scenarios where they get hit by gem destruction to whittle away their shields; the usual things that can work against resilient supports.
    In that thread, some people reported issues with destroying them, but it's always worked fine me.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My experience with the supports in Seize the Day is that they are effectively hexproof, and of course resilient, but destroyable. By "effectively hexproof", I mean, the game does not count them as enemy supports for determining "can I cast this support destruction spell" - in other words if the event support is the only support in play, most support destruction spells will be uncastable in your hand just as though there were no supports in play. But if you do manage to cast something that will destroy a support (like Demolish, if the enemy has other supports out besides the Atog), then the Atog is a possible target. I typically bring Conclave Naturalists to blow up the enemy Atog ASAP, since you can always cast Naturalists even if there are no enemy supports to blow up.

Atogatog, if you get that far, is both targetable and destroyable like any ordinary support.