Worthy(?) Cap vs. Kitty

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
My level 188 Cap can not make a dent in this so I will not try again I think.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I might have some problems with this one too seeing as I sold my champed Cap and my new version is underpowered. Also - why Kitty?!?!?
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    It appears that his passive doesn't work in 1 v 1. If he is already in front he doesn't negate the damage of a match 4. I hadn't realised this before. Probably a good thing in a battle vs Kitty though, because if he had placed a countdown tile then she would have just blown it up.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    @qandols - What supports do you have? You might have something that could help.
    KGB
  • DAZ0273
    Ha ha, yeah, Lvl 111 1/2/2 Cap got swatted. Weird to not be able to do the Crash for first time in I don't know when.
  • KGB
    edited March 2021
    @DAZ0273 - Depending on your token hoard, you could favorite him, open some tokens and add a cover in Blue (for additional stun time) and Red and some more health and equip him with Taskmasters Sword (extra match damage vs heroes) and maybe pull out a win with some boosted blue. Maybe...
    KGB
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Yeah, this fight is pretty much "Ha-ha!  Die from my match damage you nerfed loser!".  First clash in a long time I won't be getting the token from.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I managed this on my second attempt with my 131 4/5/4 Cap, but it was down to board luck for the most part.

The things that helped me through:
    1) Kitty's circuit breaker will rip Cap a new one, so don't use red unless you are sure you can swing for the kill by the next turn (or have her stunned).
    2) As KGB mentioned, Taskmaster's sword works wonders here - it was my main source of damage (rank three). 
    3) boost blue

I waited until I had enough blue to cast it twice, and enough red for one cast. Cast blue to stun her, then cast red. That gave me two turns of building up charged tiles. Then, when she unstunned, and dropped her circuit breaker, I cast blue again, and the enhanced damage from the charged tiles was enough to put her down.

• DAZ0273
    edited March 2021
    KGB said:
    @DAZ0273 - Depending on your token hoard, you could favorite him, open some tokens and add a cover in Blue (for additional stun time) and Red and some more health and equip him with Taskmasters Sword (extra match damage vs heroes) and maybe pull out a win with some boosted blue. Maybe...
    KGB
    Not sure it is worth the trouble and my hoard is not so great after chasing some Apocalypse. I am also going nicely to fully cover Silk so I will take this one on the chin and save the shards for her. I have every single other 4 either Champed or fully covered bar Silk and Dark Beast so it shouldn't happen often.
  • Nero
    Nero Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2021
    This was a hard time for me :'(
    Captain was lvl112   covers 2/1/4    health 6322

3* Wasp gauntlets (+247 on blue and +971health)
    Boosts damage for all colors +100%
    Boosts damage blue and violet +50%
    Boosts damage red and yellow +50%

I try to kill this woman 3 times. In the end i do it and win the legendary token >:)
    Never give up!

• KGB
    Nero said:
    This was a hard time for me :'(
    Captain was lvl112   covers 2/1/4    health 6322

3* Wasp gauntlets (+247 on blue and +971health)
    Boosts damage for all colors +100%
    Boosts damage blue and violet +50%
    Boosts damage red and yellow +50%

I try to kill this woman 3 times. In the end i do it and win the legendary token >:)
    Never give up!

Where are all those people who said 5Wasp was useless. At the very least she gave us all her gloves to use :D
    KGB