Nicol Bolas 1 third ability still broken [Investigating]

George
George Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
So, I tried it several times today.

It is fixed and not fixed. It does work of you don't have the resurrected creature on the field already, then you get the creature with the subtype.
But if you already got the creature on the field, the now stacked creature doesn't get the subtype.

Can provide a full log (in german) of a match where it both worked and didn't in several cases.

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    George said:

It is fixed and not fixed. It does work of you don't have the resurrected creature on the field already, then you get the creature with the subtype.
    But if you already got the creature on the field, the now stacked creature doesn't get the subtype.

Can provide a full log (in german) of a match where it both worked and didn't in several cases.
    George said:

Can provide a full log (in german) of a match where it both worked and didn't in several cases
    Are you sure something's wasn't in the battlfield that said exile. ?? It is working fine for myself.  And have zero complaints from my alliance members.  Believe me they would instantly tag me in discord if it was still busted.
  • George
    George Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Jep, I'm sure, because I play him a lot and it happens frequently. A few hours ago the last time.
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I've just updated with the latest patch and it's still broken. This is really frustrating because this is my go-to PW and I use it for nearly everything! Please fix asap @Oktagon_Support

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the information.
    This issue is now under investigation.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    I've noticed this same issue occurs with Chainer, Dementia Master's revive ability also; if the creature he's reviving is not on the board, it will get the "Nightmare" subtype (and therefore also get +2/+2 and Menace) when revived. However, if he revives a creature that was already on the board, the creature doesn't gain the additional subtype, Just seems that existing creatures can't acquire new subtypes from their reinforcements.