Icebreaker Kraken Cost Doesnt get Reduced [Fixed]

ambrosio191
ambrosio191 Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2021 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues

CARD

• Which card? Icebreaker Kraken

• Type and Subtype Creature/ Snow Kraken

• Is it related to trigger, mechanic, text, or other? Icebreaker Kraken states "When you make your first match during your turn: This card's cost is reduced by X until end of turn, X is the number of Snow Gems" When you make your first match of the turn, Icebreaker Kraken's cost doest not get reduced, no matter how many snow gems are on the field.

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened. Icebreaker Kraken, Rimefeather Owl, Dead of Winter, Faceless Haven, Kaldring, the Rimestaff, Shimmerdrift Vale, Urza, Lord High Artificer, Thassa, Deep-Dwelling (full art version), Song of Creation, Shadowspear

• I am using Nicol Bolas, the Ravager, as well as Nicol Bolas, Dragon God

I am using a Galaxy Tab S7, android version 11, latest version of the MTGPQ app as of this writing. The other abilities of Icebreaker Kraken all work.  Creatures get disabled, snow gems get doubled and when you make a match 3 it gets the +x/+x and menace.

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi @ambrosio191
    Thank you so much for all the information, we truly appreciate the time you took to provide all the details!
    This issue is now under investigation.
  • JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I have noticed this doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it would reduce and sometimes it wouldn't; however, I didn't bother to investigate the cause. For me, it was during the new event with the snow node.
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I have also noticed an animation that looks like it's reducing the cost, but it doesnt show up in the battlelog, and only happens once, usually right after drawing it.  It's too difficult to line up an extra swap match with drawing the kraken all on the same turn, while having snow gems, just to see if the cost is reduced.  I know I've done it enough times with 25+ snow gems on the field and still not have the Kraken be free in my hand.