630 5* Gambit shards...

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
Whilst we are awaiting an update on the UI stuff, I figured I would bring an earth shatteringly important topic to the forum.

So the topic speaks for itself - I basically have a cover to add to a 5/3/0 Gambit. Obviously he is largely irrelevant now but my first instinct was get the missing black but then I stopped and thought - actually is that the very worst thing I could do? If I add to red I avoid the team mate power lockout right? I have never had a black cover though through all of the versions so it might be quite nice to own that?  I don't know why though, it just sort of feels...right?

A nine cover Gambit is not going to move many needles but for some reason I am paralysed by indecision on this and at the same time having those shards just sit there is a bit maddening!

So...Black or Red?

Comments

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    The AP generating is kind of his best feature 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    I'm actively working on finishing my Gambit (via Rogue/r3my - my 5* shards are on Havok since he is my only feederless non-champ outside of Latest), i'm at 3/4/3 with 470 shards, and my Rogue is at 329. It is my opinion/impression he isn't doing much of anything for anybody unchamped, but with this hot new Match Meta allegedly incoming I thought having some charge tile spammers to go with them would be a good idea. So if it were me, I'd put the cover on Black and work on finishing him up if you want him. Are you using him at all? 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not at present but I could see me putting some ISO into him if I can get some charge spam going.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Whilst we are awaiting an update on the UI stuff, I figured I would bring an earth shatteringly important topic to the forum.

So the topic speaks for itself - I basically have a cover to add to a 5/3/0 Gambit. Obviously he is largely irrelevant now but my first instinct was get the missing black but then I stopped and thought - actually is that the very worst thing I could do? If I add to red I avoid the team mate power lockout right? I have never had a black cover though through all of the versions so it might be quite nice to own that?  I don't know why though, it just sort of feels...right?

A nine cover Gambit is not going to move many needles but for some reason I am paralysed by indecision on this and at the same time having those shards just sit there is a bit maddening!

So...Black or Red?
    I’m a champ em all guy so always go with what makes them easier to complete (the more even build). So black is an easy call for me. Bummed at no poll!