Best third five stars

Options
BlixTheFrog
BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
So new UI sucks, yadda yadda, we’ll see what happens.

In the meantime, I’m getting closer to have my second 5 stars at lv 450 : After Beta Ray Bill, Apocalypse (counting on this week’s special store for that).

Question : In my stead, what would be your choice of third 5 stars to buff up, to work along with these two ?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Half health Thor + Apocalypse is marvelous and also helps out Bill with green. BRB & Apoc tanks for Thor normally so makes running him at half health safer.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don’t have any champed 5 stars but would guess the consensus will be between Kitty and Thor. Probably Kitty, then ditch Apocalypse and run them with Polaris 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kitty to help BRB deal with iHulkoye and to help Apocalypse gain immunity to stun.

Thor to help Apocalypse speed through PvP and PVE.
  • DAZ0273
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Be warned: Once you go to three 5* you will (at least in my experience) open up fully the Hulkoye meta so having a Kitty/BRB team is also a massive boon. It isn't fool proof but it can quite reliably beat Hulkoye teams as long as your MMR hasn't stretched so far that lvl 500 players start getting involved (happens to me!) in which case, not so much.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Apoc and HHThor are my go to pair.  I use Apoc & HHThor on all required character nodes. I usually pair them with Onslaught for the beautiful cascades, AP generation, and significant team-up tile destruction damage.  With Onslaught, you can usually take a 4 star off the board in the first move if there's enough team up tiles and a match four.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polaris/BRB and Polaris/Kitty have beaten my iHulkoye before. It's likely that they used + 4 blue aps.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd pick Kitty too as 3rd 5* overall, in this situation.
    Unless you don't care about pvp at all. In that case, Thor could be more useful. 
    For pvp though, after Kitty and Thor, I'd pick Onslaught as next in the line. BRB is much easier to beat with Polaris combinations (mostly with BRB) but Onslaught/Apoc is probably a bit more risky for those teams. 
  • BlixTheFrog
    Options
    Hm, thanks for the feedback, all !
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    All the feedback could of course be pointless if your best covered 5* are like Rescue, Dakenvine and Captain Marvel and your Thor and Kitty have 1 cover. Hopefully not!
  • BlixTheFrog
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    All the feedback could of course be pointless if your best covered 5* are like Rescue, Dakenvine and Captain Marvel and your Thor and Kitty have 1 cover. Hopefully not!
    Actually my Thor and Kitty are at 3-4 covers each. I’m also considering Onslaught because he’s a bit higher than that. In the meantime, Polaris will be a great third.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Actually my Thor and Kitty are at 3-4 covers each. I’m also considering Onslaught because he’s a bit higher than that. In the meantime, Polaris will be a great third.

I like to run my Prof X with Apocalypse, you get the stun immunity and his purple has great utility and he punishes enemy match 4. Polaris is fine (especially for Winfinite in PvE) but once you get to full 5* MMR, she gets a bit squishy in PvP.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options

In the meantime, I’m getting closer to have my second 5 stars at lv 450 : After Beta Ray Bill, Apocalypse (counting on this week’s special store for that).

Question : In my stead, what would be your choice of third 5 stars to buff up, to work along with these two ?
    My sim team is apoc,brb, onslaught.  Onslaught gives apoc the mutant stun immunity and against hulkoye teams he destroys team up tiles and he's an outlet for purple.  Before onslaught I used kitty for the mutant stun immunity plus buffing all the shields brb and apoc make passively.  Half thor is a great third too as others have pointed out and polaris to also take advantage of all the protect tiles.

edit: it also just occurred to me that since you said you are planning to spend on the special store, even though P5 colossus doesn't seem meta or anything he would be a good third for brb/apoc. Mutant plus his passive reducing match damage on top of the protect tiles means you will take little damage from anything other than powers.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would reccomend going all in on Kitty first, then Thor. Kitty will be able to be run with tons of other characters of all levels, and as mentioned will allow you to play in the iHulk meta without rubbing hot sauce in your eyes. Thor-Pocalypse is very reliable as a pick-2 team, and will allow you to play SCL10 PVE if you aren't already.
  • Coolguy101084
    Coolguy101084 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Gun for Kitty
  • BlixTheFrog
    Options

My sim team is apoc,brb, onslaught.  Onslaught gives apoc the mutant stun immunity and against hulkoye teams he destroys team up tiles and he's an outlet for purple.  Before onslaught I used kitty for the mutant stun immunity plus buffing all the shields brb and apoc make passively.  Half thor is a great third too as others have pointed out and polaris to also take advantage of all the protect tiles.

edit: it also just occurred to me that since you said you are planning to spend on the special store, even though P5 colossus doesn't seem meta or anything he would be a good third for brb/apoc. Mutant plus his passive reducing match damage on top of the protect tiles means you will take little damage from anything other than powers.
    I actually thought about that too. Colossus has two **** powers but his passive yellow alone can seriously boost App and BRB longevity.
    I guess it will be between Kitty, Onslaught and Colossus... my Onslaught has 5 covers already so that might help. And if one of the next 4 stars feeds him... Kitty is good but If I replace Polaris I’d like someone who can tank.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kitty. She's just an all around really solid 5*. Also, if you happen to have a level 3 Carol's Communicator support then whenever you match a friendly tile you have a chance of healing Kitty. 
  • BlixTheFrog
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Kitty. She's just an all around really solid 5*. Also, if you happen to have a level 3 Carol's Communicator support then whenever you match a friendly tile you have a chance of healing Kitty. 
    Yeah, I’m using it on BRB now (and Pizza Dog on Polaris).
    Ok, maybe I’ll go with Kitty...
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options

BRB and Apoc are a fun duo to use. I like it when you use apocs yellow, then apocs black, as it gives you some blue AP from destroying your protects. If you use B4ast as your third, you can start generating tons of AP with B4asts passive black protect tile spam.  

I would recommend either Kitty on her own, or work on getting ProfX and Onslaught. Kitty can help out lots in PVE and profX onslaught can be scary in pvp if the computer gets lucky match 4 cascades.
  • BlixTheFrog
    Options
    What about Immortal Hulk ? He’s not a good match for BRB/Apo ?
    Just asking because I already have quite a few Hulk covers.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What about Immortal Hulk ? He’s not a good match for BRB/Apo ?
    Just asking because I already have quite a few Hulk covers.
    Not really, because BRB/Apo will get their health worn down by a decently covered iHulk and could be out of the game quicker than you would want.