Prodigal Son Reward Change

Options
Dear Admins,

I understand mistakes can be made when you guys set up these missions but to change the rewards and our ability to get them mid game is really lame.

Take responsibility for your error and give us a break. It is already hard enough to get these covers.

The two pitiful mid game changes:

- Prodigal Son Reward 35000 Purple Daken Classic Cover moved to 45000.

- Next they moved Thunderbolts Mountain from 500 mil to only 250 mil mid day.

Please stop taking advantage of us.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    the daken was at 45k from the start I'm pretty sure.
    but more importantly the server crash in the middle of the last subs, screwed over alot of people I ended up going to sleep and woke up to find I was no longer in top 50 in them and was down to 51st in the main event
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    Grenosh wrote:
    I'm confused; how is reducing the target number "taking advantage" of us?

edit: Since there are no main-bracket nodes, they have to allow us to unlock the final nodes here in order to complete the story arc.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dreylin wrote:
    Grenosh wrote:
    I'm confused; how is reducing the target number "taking advantage" of us?

edit: Since there are no main-bracket nodes, they have to allow us to unlock the final nodes here in order to complete the story arc.

Maybe he was counting on a guy to grind up to 250M and take advantage of the rubberbanding that is no longer possible with the total reduced by 250M.
  • Unknown
    Options
    That's correct Phantron thanks.

@ seanarmstrong you can see the point reduction chatter in other posts.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    The Daken reward never changed.

I still don't understand the thing about reducing from 500M to 250M, how does this screw you over? Can you elaborate on this a little bit more?

The rubberbanding doesn't look to have changed since the goal was changed and this will more than likely inject points into the system when the new nodes unlock.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My biggest complaint is that there's no rewards past 45k. My only motivation to play now is to keep my top 20 overall rank to get the two Sentry covers that I'll probably never use.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My biggest complaint is that there's no rewards past 45k. My only motivation to play now is to keep my top 20 overall rank to get the two Sentry covers that I'll probably never use.

Nonsense. You'll use them to play essential nodes during the next PVE, so you can win Green Lawyer covers, so that you can use those to play essential nodes during the next PVE, so you can win Mo-Storm covers so that you can use those to play essential nodes during the next PVE, so you can win... icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Uh yeah this thread is wrong on both counts. OP what were you even thinking about?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Other people have complained when the top progression prize was not attainable. (A LOT of people) Now we have people complaining that the top prize was too easy and they want higher rewards. It can't be both ways.

I have a new theory that with every change, the devs are actually answering the prayers/complaints of players. It's just that they're hearing multiple sides to every issue.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Grenosh wrote:
    Prodigal Son Reward 35000 Purple Daken Classic Cover moved to 45000.
    Nope.
    Grenosh wrote:
    That's correct Phantron thanks.

@ seanarmstrong you can see the point reduction chatter in other posts.
    Rubberbanding is extremely weak in the current PVE. Speaking as an enthusiastic rubberbander, you can't depend on rubberbanding to slingshot you to top placement in the eleventh hour like you could in previous PVEs. Further, changing the goal from 500M to 250M doesn't actually halve everyone's grind effort. We weren't going to even come close to 500M. That's why it was changed to 250M.
    Grenosh wrote:
    Take responsibility for your error and give us a break.
    Yes, please do.
  • Unknown
    Options
    when i was 8k behind my sub bracket leader, the red nodes were worth 580 (vs 424 normally). ONLY the red nodes had rubberbanding, and hitting them 3x each ending up giving me an extra 800 points or so. rubber banding isn't going to save you this time though. this event is a grindfest.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    The Daken reward never changed.

I still don't understand the thing about reducing from 500M to 250M, how does this screw you over? Can you elaborate on this a little bit more?

The rubberbanding doesn't look to have changed since the goal was changed and this will more than likely inject points into the system when the new nodes unlock.

Yep with rubberbanding so minimal, new node with fully fresh points will add more point.