Cyclops first time as 5E

Options
St_Bernadus
St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
I mean there is a certain symmetry to it, but quite a few of my alliance are at least irritated that in Operation Spider Silk, Cyclops' first time as the 5E, and we are not getting Cyclops shards in progression due to the frankly dumb policy of giving out some shards for the new character.

One of my ally mates needed 90+ pulls to get their first Cyclops. Another did not pull any. But the usual back up plan of getting the shards in progression and getting the 5E that way is not available here. 

I don't think it was deliberate, but I do think it was thoughtless of D3/Demi to do this.

Comments

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, I was disappointed as well. I have Cykes at only one cover (Yellow) but with 340 shards, so during progression for this event I expected to get enough shards to buy his Red, but no. Not gonna happen.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I only  need like 30 shards for one cover for him.  I could have got enough shards early in the event and opened his node but nope.  I'm not wasting my LL tokens to try and get one cover of a char I don't care about for one pve event.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, I only  need like 30 shards for one cover for him.  I could have got enough shards early in the event and opened his node but nope.  I'm not wasting my LL tokens to try and get one cover of a char I don't care about for one pve event.

Yeah in the same boat thinking I would get him covered with those first 5* shards in progression. Nope.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as others (must be a big boat).  I have 400 shards and zero Cyc covers but was hoping his next 5e would provide me the shards.  But I already have YJ champed and need zero more accidental covers of him so I will wave goodbye to my ranking for this event and just get prog and be happy.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't get how the timing of this happens.  I've been able to get shards previously in progression to get the first cover of a 5* before when featured.  I think Apoc got screwed in the past because of exactly this happening to Cyclops.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MrPlow said:
    I don't get how the timing of this happens.  I've been able to get shards previously in progression to get the first cover of a 5* before when featured.  I think Apoc got screwed in the past because of exactly this happening to Cyclops.
    Yes he did. Except it was on his last featured *5 event, so SCL 10 people at least had some covers of him.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes definitely happened to other 5 stars (Apoc more than once IIRC) but never on their first appearance before.