My feelings about customer support and the recent video

Options
Theghouse
Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
I reached out to customer support asking them verbatim if the video that was shared was considered cheating.  I know it is against the forum rules to post customer support conversations so I will tell you my feelings about their response to my questions.

I feel they have a firm stance that doing what was shown in that video is a violation of their rules against cheating.  I feel like they are doing their jobs of investigating and implementing a fix.  I feel like they were upfront about the difficulties of implementing fixes for issues which do not try to hack directly into the game's code, which I can understand.

I also feel the way forum admins reacted to the threads about this issue was very poor.  If they were able to give a clear, concise statement like the one I received directly from customer support, I think a lot of tension and words exchange between members of the player base, and also hostility and negative perspective towards the devs, all could have been avoided.

I have other comments on other issues from the other threads, which I'm sure others do too, but I will keep all that out to keep this thread focused.

Comments

• Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Back when you could request swaps for 5*s you pulled over five covers for has been my only contact with CS.  But they were great.  That’s how I covered Jessica Jones and I think also it might have helped make Kitty my first champ.  Don’t remember.  But that was right when they cut that off because they made saved covers. They were very nice about it each time.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    They have different roles. The admin and mod's job is to make sure that rules are not broken in the forum. If you'd noticed, the best thing they can do for you is to chase or check your ticket with the CS. 

The role of CS is largely related to in-game issues. That's why the mod or admin always ask you to send a support ticket via email to CS.

Different roles, different department, different level of information; therefore different type of replies. As far as cheating report is concerned, the best thing the mod or admin can say is that investigation won't be as fast as what players expect. Speaking on behalf of other department is a big no.

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel the feelings you've posted here feel genuine.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What is this strange word “Feelings” you speak of ??
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They have different roles. The admin and mod's job is to make sure that rules are not broken in the forum. If you'd noticed, the best thing they can do for you is to chase or check your ticket with the CS. 

The role of CS is largely related to in-game issues. That's why the mod or admin always ask you to send a support ticket via email to CS.

Different roles, different department, different level of information; therefore different type of replies. As far as cheating report is concerned, the best thing the mod or admin can say is that investigation won't be as fast as what players expect. Speaking on behalf of other department is a big no.

Those roles should not conflict with each other or result in a situation where a heavy handed approach is applied where an alternative method could have been used to try and stick to the spirit of the rules. The other thread was asking about consistency of the application of rules but ended instead with a declaration that the rules would be tightened further. I am not sure that really resolves anything.

I am pleased to hear CS are very good, I have never had cause to contact myself.
  • McPosterson
    McPosterson Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options

You know much about D3 and roles.   You employee?
  • _Vitto
    _Vitto Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I totally agree with OP. I just wish the CS would give their customers more credit and more trust, regarding the hacking issue. 

I am tired of reading "We appreciate that you are taking the time to report... " every single time I bust my **** to gather proofs regarding hackers.
    It just feels like a lazy copy-paste, with 0 feedback, and I swear I can hear "Ugh, you again?". 

I am not asking for super detailed answers. But I do want to be reassured that the investigation is going on and that they are fully devoted to solve the matter at hand. 
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Honestly, CS has been nothing but awesome for me. They fixed every problem I had in 48h, that’s quite fast compared to most other CS I have encountered.

I know a guy who lost his Facebook safe and they helped him rebuilding his roster on a new account. 10000+ covers, sent to him one by one, if that’s not dedication...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is this strange word “Feelings” you speak of ??

Hopelessness is a feeling
  • HoundofShadow
    edited March 2021
    Options
    You don't have to be an employee to guess the differences. When was the last time you saw the admin or mod asking players to open a ticket via pming them? I've never seen it before, but it's always them asking players to open a ticket in-game or asking them to email CS, or they will tell players they will check with CS on the progress by asking for the ticket number.

It has been proven by the players that it doesn't matter how many times the CS reassures them about the dev doing something about the exploit. It's simply because the investigation is taking too long and they can't really see what was done; therefore, it has been concluded that nothing was done. I supposed the dev has to write a daily report on what was done for the day about closing the exploit and post it in the forum before those players are satisfied. 
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If there are enough of the cheaters to make it worthwhile.  I'd like to see them close their accounts and divvy up their resources among the rest of us.  

Anyone that finished 3rd, 11th, 21st, 51st, 101st, 201st, 301st, 501st, 601st, or even 801st because cheaters finished ahead of them had awards stolen by these people and should be compensated.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2021
    Options
    If the dev can't close the exploits as fast they could, there's nothing much they can do except to compensate them or start boxing players based on their reports. Then, this is matter of skills we are talking about. Also, what if players were wrongly boxed? Who's going to compensate them? The dev or the players who filed reports against the "supposed" cheater(s)?

Maybe the dev should engage Kevin Mitnick to help them close the exploit? I'm sure he can do it within a few days.