PVE needs to move to Prog only ASAP!

Options
Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
If you can’t ensure that a major part of your prize pool is earned fairly, remove that placement prize tree and reallocate placement prizes to progression.

Comments

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What's your roster like?  

Are you lowering your scl level atall? I know some people in my alliance went down to scl8 for placement rewards lastweek to get b4ast covers easier.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That is if you want to clear SCL 10 5 times and grind 4 times. No way they are going to move placement to progression without making you spend more time on the game.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also moved myself to progression only. It would be nice to get a few more rewards for doing 6 to 7 clears. This is a pretty old request and not everyone agrees I think.
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes, please! Progression only or any other way to get rid of time slices.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2021
    Options
    PVE is pretty much the same as PVP.  You play for progression and/or placement rewards.  Sure you face a real persons roster in PVP but it means nothing.  You can defeat a certain opponent multiple times and lose none either by the AI or that person directly but that opponent can still finish ahead of you in placement.  To me that is broken.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My only fear is that such a dramatic change would result in fewer rewards. If they can pull it off without compromising my placement rewards, I'm fine with that.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you shift it to progression only then it just becomes a chore like DDQ.   That's boring.  It's a game, games are meant to me competitive and exciting.  Not a boring slog.

This 'nobody should get more than me' mentality is becoming concerning.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’ve been anti-progress-only PVE for the reasons the last two posts state. The option to play progression only is definitely there already. I do it it in PVP each and every event and am not rallying to take away to placement reward from those who choose to enjoy the game that way.  
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If you shift it to progression only then it just becomes a chore like DDQ.   That's boring.  It's a game, games are meant to me competitive and exciting.  Not a boring slog.

This 'nobody should get more than me' mentality is becoming concerning.
    I agree, while I don't chase placement rewards like I used to, it's fun every now and then to go for placement for a spicy new character.
    However, I do think the weakest part of this whole game is the time slices. If they got rid of those for PVE and let anyone play for the full 24 hours of the sub they started in it would ease the grind. 
  • Phumade
    Options
    Those issues about fun ness, challenge, convince etc are important discussions but secondary to primary issue of whether the events are being running uniformly across all platforms and that same rules apply to all participants.

the reality of technology and knowledge all but guarantees that players will always brush up to and exceed the boundaries of any game design.  This is normal and expected.  The idea of games as a service is predicated on the idea that devs would be upgrading and maintaining the game as technology / player knowledge platforms change.

So I don’t blame the devs, that technology allows players to enjoy the game at their “preferred” animation speed. 

But I do blame the devs for not adjusting the prize trees to minimize the impact of how players adjusted their “preferred “ animation speed.

UNTIL the DEVS can lock the animation speeds across all platforms,  the devs need to allocate the budgeted prize value or remove the placement tier until they rework the prize design.

• killahKlown
    Options
    I disagree.  Fun and competitive play are not secondary concerns 
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm opposed to progression only due to being a younger (than the 550s, at least) roster.  I slogged through years of T200-->T100-->T50 finishes.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.   Fix the exploits.  Dont take extra rewards away from those of us who can play optimally and are still building their rosters.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You can easily get all the progression rewards without playing optimally so I'm really not sure what the point of this post is?

• killahKlown
    Options
    You can easily get all the progression rewards without playing optimally so I'm really not sure what the point of this post is?

The point is he doesn't want others to get more rewards than him if he only plays for progression.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Aaah... 

• Phumade
    Options
    I'm opposed to progression only due to being a younger (than the 550s, at least) roster.  I slogged through years of T200-->T100-->T50 finishes.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.   Fix the exploits.  Dont take extra rewards away from those of us who can play optimally and are still building their rosters.
    Obviously we should fix the exploit before removing prizes.

in fact I commend you on your improved play and improved finishes.  That’s a testament to the fact that the game was administered honestly and people could reasonable advance based on knowledge, time played, and skill. 

I hope that the future prize trees continues to reward improvements in skillful play, expanded roster,  not necessarily because you upgraded your pc or got 0 ping latency.