To champ or not to champ

BlixTheFrog
BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
Hey all !
So I reached lv 450 with my first 5 stars. (yay!)
The question is simple : Staying at lv450, does it change anything if I champ him, MMR-wise ?

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    You get matched up with more 5 stars. It shouldn't be too bad unless you champ a second 5*. Which character is it?
  • BlixTheFrog
    BRB. So what you’re saying is there’s a difference between having him at lv450 champed or unchamped, but not that much until I champ a second 5 stars ? (which will likely be Apo)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't heard much discussion about the difference between a 450 unchamped 5* and a champed 450 5*. What are the levels of your top 5 characters?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    How many champ levels do you have for brb?  
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fwiw the main point of champ is the free respec.  5 blue is mandatory,  but the rest is flexible depending on if you have a better outlet for green or yellow.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    Fwiw the main point of champ is the free respec.  5 blue is mandatory,  but the rest is flexible depending on if you have a better outlet for green or yellow.

BRBs yellow is passive.
  • BlixTheFrog
    edited March 2021
    I haven't heard much discussion about the difference between a 450 unchamped 5* and a champed 450 5*. What are the levels of your top 5 characters?
    I have two other 5 stars at 375, then for the rest I haven’t really boosted them. I’m using mainly BRB with Polaris and Medusa, and now Apoc instead of Medusa in PVE (he’s 375).
    Medusa is 319 and Polaris 309. I also have Karnak at 315.
  • BlixTheFrog
    How many champ levels do you have for brb?  
    For now none. I can champ him but don’t have extra covers. I’m just curious.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    How much does he have in each color right now?
  • HoundofShadow
    MMR don't affect your typical PvEs, but it affects boss event side nodes and some non-timed PvEs like the current Puzzle Gauntlet.

For  now, I think you see a lot of Polaris with champed Kitty/BRB in pvps. Some Okoye/IHulk when you reach higher point. The question to ask is, "Do I have the tools to take down all these opponents that I will seeing regularly in pvps?

As for PvEs, you can respec them as mentioned and they will help you to clear PvE faster.
  • BlixTheFrog
    I’m 5/3/5 on BRB I’m good. My concern is really only for PVP. I already meet OkoHulk frequently when nearing 1200 points, actually. Is this all I have to fear if I champ ?
  • HoundofShadow
    That's about it, until the next meta comes along. The next 5* should be revealed tomorrow.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    I’m 5/3/5 on BRB I’m good. My concern is really only for PVP. I already meet OkoHulk frequently when nearing 1200 points, actually. Is this all I have to fear if I champ ?

5/3/5, don’t bother champing until you have covers on the vine you need to apply.  That’s his best offensive build by far.  

Most of the time, he will be paired with kitty for anti Hulkoye suppression.  There are times when you might max yellow, but it’s for niche scenarios or events where you need to max that skill