Every day is a sunny day for a challenge

Options
Bad
Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
I think puzzle ops has taken a firm step into regular guantlet schedule. Great! But I was thinking... the month has 3 weeks more! And you devs look grazed by the creative light lastly. So why not another?

This gauntlet could try to fill any gaps in the game. Being a informative, exploring and a nice challenge pve.
This gauntlet could have 3 levels of difficulty:
-Beginner difficulty: as intended for newcomers. Lots of loaned characters, for any new guy loading the game could have a nice grasp of the flavour of this game. Informative hints tap to dismiss like puzzle ops could be featured. Nice rewards like 3* characters and free slots could be gained.

-Medium difficulty: for players more advanced. Intended for strong rosters on 4* land. Required character in some nodes and a good challenge overall. Cps and 4* shards favourited as final rewards.

-Advanced difficulty: for strong rosters on 5* land. Hard battles and waves here. Cps, 5* favourited shard as rewards here.

THE  MMR OF EACH PLAYER SHOULD RECOMMEND/BLOCK LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY. And once selected, a confirmation message for the player obtaining the difficulty curse.

On this gauntlet apocalypse, kitty and okoye should be banned. Adjusting the difficulty of enemies to battles without them.
New challenges could be added in here being warned in a tap to dismiss message: like a member of the enemy team inmune to stun, or a member of the enemy team with what does kill me skill, or enemy team starting with special tiles.
A new challenge could be the enemy team starting with equipped AP boosts and the tap to dismiss message should recommend equipping a +2 boost.
Time for a brainstorming! :)

Comments

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was under the impression that puzzle gauntlet was filling a gap in the game. Without it, the current rota goes something like this (correct me if I’m wrong):

week 1= New 5* reveal and heroic store (including introducing... event)

Week 2= New 5* legendary store and alliance event

week 3= New 4* (including introducing and shield events)

week 4= nothing but cautious anticipation for the next 5* reveal.

puzzle gauntlet fits in week 4 to give us something to do to bridge that gap

(this list is counting a week starting from Thursday-Wednesday rather than Mon-Sun, as that seems to be when releases happen)
  • Bad
    Options
    If you are satisfied with the glorious battles of introducing 5*, then of course you are full with the current rotation.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:

On this gauntlet apocalypse, kitty and okoye should be banned. Adjusting the difficulty of enemies to battles without them.
    This will never happen. The devs like to pretend the game is balanced. We all know it isn’t. But apparently they have formulas and stuff they follow, which is why Apocalypse and Sighclops are clearly the same level of awesome and no rebalancing is needed. 

By banning three specific characters every time (you forgot Thor btw), that’d be them admitting that the game is wildly unbalanced, and they might need to acknowledge it. 
  • Bad
    Options
    That was just for the purpose of not playing always the same as in pve and pvp. Yes you could add to that thor, perhaps polaris. 
    There is always room for to ask some bit more.
    Its free on our side :smile:
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Would be more interested to see a gauntlet type that locked out a character after use.  You could use thorkoye or kitty BRB, but then you'd have to move on without them.  Would give players a reason to bring out that champ panther or rescue that currently never sees a single match.
  • McPosterson
    McPosterson Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Panther was good.  If only there was a way to speed him up.  Any suggestions?
  • Bad
    Options
    Puzzle ops offers unique battles because forces the player to use different teams. That is his appeal.
    However other gauntlets could be made with some character restriction but on pve battle. That would be pretty unique too. Restrictions to make the player think about the battle.
    Adding difficulty levels would fill any roster and offer a better and more complete experience, imo.