Alliance Season Progression Rewards

Observation :
A consistently top 100 alliance will receive a 3* cover as an alliance reward nearly every event : 20 events, 20 covers
A sometimes top 100 alliance will receive a 3* cover some of the time: ~ 20 events, 10 covers
An alliance not competitive enough to reach top 100 will never see these covers, ever: 500 events, 0 covers

Suggestion :
Alliance only season progression replacing event alliance cover rewards.
There can be a list of 3* covers and it may take the top 10 alliances 1 event to get the first one maybe even part of the way towards the second, and might take a rank 300 alliance 3 whole events to get the first one and they may only get a small handful the entire season but they would get *something* for their effort and those at the top would still pull in a highly respectable haul of covers.

Top alliances would still get 18-22? Covers for the 20 events
Mid alliances may still get 8-12 covers for their 20 events
lower ranked alliances may only get 3-4 covers for 20 events (which is still much more rewarding than zero)
even tiny 5 man alliance could work there way up to one or two 3* rewards.

Putting in time and effort into a game makes you want to feel like it is worth it, that you will get something good out of it if you keep at it. As it stands now if an alliance cannot reach a set level of competition there is no chance at these rewards. Giving everyone a chance to work towards goals like this would do wonders for morale, camaraderie within alliances, and straight up enjoyment of the game.

Comments

• Love this idea. Suggested alliance progression rewards when alliances were first discussed. Back then, everyone was like, "If you don't want to compete all the time, go play Candy Crush!" and "You are weak!" (or words to that effect). But it's a good idea, and I think people might respond a little more favorably to this sort of thing now after the long harrowing journey through season 1.

Everything in the game shouldn't have to be competitive.

• Putting in time and effort into a game makes you want to feel like it is worth it, that you will get something good out of it if you keep at it. As it stands now if an alliance cannot reach a set level of competition there is no chance at these rewards. Giving everyone a chance to work towards goals like this would do wonders for morale, camaraderie within alliances, and straight up enjoyment of the game.

What a fantastic quote! Sums up my feelings perfectly.

The idea sounds great to me, I'm for anything that will help balance out this game's weird fixation on competition at all costs. Coming from the other Puzzle Quest games I've found MPQ to be well, puzzling (pardon the pun), to make sense of. Repetitive character collection + levelling, no customisation (weapons, accessories, anything!), no different game modes (PvE is just PvP dressed up in different outfits; they both are about competing against other players for prizes), and a severe lack of in-game instruction and guidance (seriously, the only info in the alliance section is the headings..).

Having adjusted to the drastic differences from other Puzzle Quest games to this one, I'm now looking at what lies ahead for me - and what I want from this game. I would love to see MPQ go in a direction like this, which acknowledges the sheer growth in alliance numbers, at the same time as putting some focus back on the gameplay itself.

Working towards an impossible goal is not fun, and for more and more alliances, top #100 placement is just going to become impossible with the current reward structure. That doesn't mean the impossible goal should be made easy for all to attain, that would defeat the point. But a system like this idea would give everyone, in every alliance, the chance to make some genuine progress in the game. And most importantly, to feel like they're making that progress. With so many changes that seem to have made progression harder, now would be a great time for a change like this!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    A really great idea... if you hadn't linked it in that other post I would have never seen it.

Though that isn't to say that Alliance Progression Rewards should replace Alliance Ranking Rewards. Just as a supplement to them.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    A really great idea... if you hadn't linked it in that other post I would have never seen it.
    ^This
    Observation :
    Suggestion :
    Alliance only season progression replacing event alliance cover rewards.
    There can be a list of 3* covers and it may take the top 10 alliances 1 event to get the first one maybe even part of the way towards the second, and might take a rank 300 alliance 3 whole events to get the first one and they may only get a small handful the entire season but they would get *something* for their effort and those at the top would still pull in a highly respectable haul of covers.
    A really good suggestion Cryptobrancus. I like the idea that less competitive alliances that are however really active would get *something* for their effort.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:

Though that isn't to say that Alliance Progression Rewards should replace Alliance Ranking Rewards. Just as a supplement to them.

D3 seems to always try to keep a limit on how many covers it is handing out so I suggested giving with one hand while taking with another to keep things somewhat balanced. Would be awesome to have this as a pure supplement, just thought that would be a harder sell icon_e_wink.gif
  • I love this idea. I just posted a topic arguing the need for better Alliance rewards in PvE but this would solve that problem and then some.