Puzzle Gauntlet - any advice for the two "big" battles?

Options
mbaren
mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
I have all of the usable characters, decently leveled, but none of them seem all that well-suited to the tasks, frankly.

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Against BRB and Bishop, use Black Panther (KoW), respec to 5 blue. Build up your blue until you reach enough to do 3 * blue power. Continue getting blue and fire again. That should do it. Maybe fire a blue power early on to mitigate the attacks from the opponent btw.
  • mbaren
    Options
    That worked.  And I got the other one using BP too, just required patience and a retry.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah BP was the start of those 2 battles, esp the BRB one since it has increased Blue drop.
    KGB
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used 3* beast I believe for the one that required strike tiles. His blue move at 5 is very helpful
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    16 Strike Tiles
    Go for purple first, if not yellow. Let them take green. Let Patch fires his green and 5/5/3 Starlord to steal the strike tiles.

14 Protect tiles
    Ask for 3* Sam Wilson teamup. Save up 16 purple ap and 9 teamup ap. Wait for there to be 6 enemy protect tiles. Fire teamup and 3* Starlord's purple twice.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It doesn’t even let me use anyone but Thor4
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    BRB/Bishop: I used Star-Lord with 5 in purple and a rank 3 Vibranium ore support (at rank 2 it creates friendly protects upon match-4 or greater). Saved up purple AP while letting BRB fill the board with proteccs. Emptied purple when it would steal enough tiles to meet the win condition.

The Thanos/Wolverine one was way more annoying as the increased purple drops makes Thanos purple spammy and the only one who can create friendly tiles reliably from the required pools is Panther. Theoretically letting Wolverine fire green and then stealing the tiles (with SL for example) could work, but chances are high that Thanos has his countdown out when Wolvie fires. In the end I did it after getting 2 or 3 of BP's repeaters out and denying purple as much as possible.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Like others I used 3* Star-Lord and 4* Panther.
    Strangely the one I am struggling on is the 10 enemy strikes - Elektra, Sabretooth and Patch have all bit the dust so far.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Strangely the one I am struggling on is the 10 enemy strikes - Elektra, Sabretooth and Patch have all bit the dust so far.
    I used Elektra, Sabretooth, 4* Panther. Get Panther to create as much Protects as possible, and let enemy Loki get 11 Black AP to flip your Protects into enemy Strikes.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    The let Loki flip Protects plan is so blindingly obvious I can't see how I missed it! Thanks! Also 3* Magneto from the other thread is a good idea too.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This might be taking away from the subject, so if if it does, feel free to delete this post, but...

How we getting those 20 fortified tiles? I think the required toons are either Th4r/W4sp/BP4/B3ast/St3rlord?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I ground it out with 4* BP, BRB and Shuri. It took a while but I got there eventually.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    P4nther/Heimdall/Shuri got it done for me. P4nther’s yellow at 5 covers spits out fortified specials, as does his blue, and Shuri spams them, and everything gets way cheap because the AP reductions stack.
  • mbaren
    Options
    I did it with P4nther/Prowler/Shuri.  Between Prowler's low-level constantly adding fortified tiles and proper timing of Panther's yellow, it meant that as soon as I had 15 or so red AP she could cast her red several times and generate the rest of the fortified tiles I needed.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mbaren said:
    I did it with P4nther/Prowler/Shuri.  Between Prowler's low-level constantly adding fortified tiles and proper timing of Panther's yellow, it meant that as soon as I had 15 or so red AP she could cast her red several times and generate the rest of the fortified tiles I needed.
    My alliance mate put me onto Prowler and I can’t believe I missed it. The Tinkerer support helps as well. I used P4nther/Prowler/BRB. 
    BRB helps to get the blue rolling. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM40/4BP/Shuri were blazing past the fortification node. +2 r/y ap so that Shuri can fire her red twice if you are not matching red while waiting for CD's to go off.
  • Ed5566
    Ed5566 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    IM40/4BP/Shuri were blazing past the fortification node. +2 r/y ap so that Shuri can fire her red twice if you are not matching red while waiting for CD's to go off.
    Agreed, im40 come back to use again for me on a number of these nodes