Scaled Medusa/Carnage Counter?

Options
2»

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’ll say one thing about SCL 10 Simulator, it’s the most sadistic torture the devs have come up with in the game as far as events . And it seems they reinvent it every time it appears to adapt to our metas .
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    it's really the only PVE that seems to be regularly refreshed with recent characters
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First pass: I used Gritty+Polaris.  My supports drop 2 protect tiles at the start along with Grocket's swords which really helped mitigate damage.  Target Medusa first, use blue to stun her.  Once she's dead, the rest fall quickly.
    Second pass: same team, but failed twice... I went to Winfinite (Polaris, BRB, 4* Thanos).  Again, you need to target/stun Medusa early, but it worked really well.  Once it starts, game's over.  Slow but steady.
    Third pass: Winfinite again.  No issues.  Match tiles, try to garner blue to stun and green to fire Thanos' green.  Once you get it going, use BRB's blue for extra damage.  If you have 24+ green, fire BRB's green once for bonus damage, then Thanos' green to continue the cycle.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    I got through it once with 5-star Hawkeye, Coulson, and G4mora.
    Went Hawkeye, Gamora, Coulson after failing with the BRB/Polaris/Th4nos winfinite.  Found it easier to start the stun lock when blue boosted.

So many special tiles that matching and increasing your protects to get winfinite rolling can be tricky, especially when you need to fire Polaris blue for stun which adds strike to the mix.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With decent starting boards and 3 blue AP in boosts, was able to clear first 3 with  Hawkeye Gamora Coulson.

I stunned Medusa first just to stop the free AP, then got to Carnage before he could drop a nuke.  I had to maneuver Coulson purple to clear some attack tiles because they were chipping 4* low HP away even in stunlock.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    NOdes with any flavor of Carnage on them make me wish we'd gotten a 5* Kraven who could keep pace with even Kitty's scaling of tiles.
  • nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    I used Okoye, Thor, Polaris. Boosted all AP, red/yellow, and teamups. Okoye tanks everything but green. If you can keep her alive, it's not hard. Stun lock medusa and carnage asap. Then take out medusa, carnage, then sinister. Polaris plus okoye boost and thor ap gains are strong.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    nwahs086 said:
    I used Okoye, Thor, Polaris. Boosted all AP, red/yellow, and teamups. Okoye tanks everything but green. If you can keep her alive, it's not hard. Stun lock medusa and carnage asap. Then take out medusa, carnage, then sinister. Polaris plus okoye boost and thor ap gains are strong.
    thank you, worked twice for me
  • Ed5566
    Ed5566 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2021
    Options
    BRB/Polaris/1* Juggernaut slept through the 4th and 5th clear with +4 blue and green ap. Time taken for the 4th clear is 4 min 15 sec with this team.

Support used: none.

Edit: here's a video of this team used to beat the 4th clear.

https://streamable.com/huupso
    Just used this team for 6th clear on carnage, venom, carrier. Carnage’s first move provided me enough green to fire juggernaut green on my first turn. Didn’t use stun and they didn’t have a single turn. Juggernaut green fuelled by brb passive, kept self fuelling, firing BRB blue and the occasional green, winfinite for challenge node.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BRB/Polaris/1* Juggernaut slept through the 4th and 5th clear with +4 blue and green ap. Time taken for the 4th clear is 4 min 15 sec with this team.

Support used: none.

Edit: here's a video of this team used to beat the 4th clear.

https://streamable.com/huupso
    First time I've seen a 1-star used in a challenge node!  Well done!  Closest thing I've done to that is using 1-star Widow as a stunner (along with 3-star Patch and Daken) against the massively over-leveled 3-star Hulk in the 7-day Hulk event...which should tell you how long ago THAT was! :)
  • winter37
    winter37 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    What I eventually got 3 clears of this node with was Kitty/Polaris/BrB, the one meta team I hadn't tried: once you stun Medusa, it's a lot less frustrating, but I'll be very selective about doing Simulator on CL10 in the future.