New Characters -- when do they go live again??

Options
PiMacleod
PiMacleod Posts: 1,743 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
Its a serious question.

From my experience, it's always been on a Thursday.  I'm in EST, if it matters (which i dont think it does).

But for the last two characters (Cyclops and now Beast), i see people online on FB, posting in-game pics, already having them in roster (today, and Cyclops also had this on the wednesday before the day i saw him released in my game).

Am i missing something?  This isnt another case of Android gets update late, is it?  Because i cant view the new Beast at all, yet this guy already has a blue cover.

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can only see the previews up in the Simulator preview rewards, he isn't on my roster in the "unowned" section
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,743 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You know what?

That may just be it.  

I recreated what you just said and found the two matching images this guy tends to post...
    The comic cover...
    And the basic character view, showing a 1 in blue, and locked on the other two.

Mixed with seeing the players ISO, HP, and CP up top, it totally looks like the player owns that cover!  You know, when taken from a face-value screenshot deal... ;)

This probably solves the issue.  Just a guy generating hype about a new character as soon as he can.

:: Cue closing of topic ::
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When ghostpool was released that pic (of a dev) was shown on a lot of Facebook pages. Same cps, same hps.
    It would help if the guy said it was just a preview image, of course.
    Perhaps its funnier this way.