Question on clearing SCL 10 PVE

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
To obtain all the SCL 10 PVE event rewards do you have to full clear the required 5* node and or challenge node ?

I had been playing SCL 9 PVE to save time for a while. Used to do SCL10 a ways back before they changed nodes to 4 clears. Just recently started as of this current event doing SCL 10 again. 

I don't have the required 5* as I've been hoarding for some point down the road, so I can't clear the required 5 node. I don't have covers in most of the latest 5s like OMD, Mags, AW, Clops, Heimdall, and others. Usually I don't bother with the challenge node either. I was curious of you can get all the PVE progression rewards just full clearing the non 5E and challenge nodes, of full clears then a last clear of each before event ends. 

I'm not in an alliance pushing for placement. The recent 5s haven't done much for me either, so instead of pulling for 1 cover for 5E nodes, I've just been hoarding until the next time LLs has some really good characters together at the same time again.

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I play to progression in 10, and you don't have to do the challenge node if you don't want to. I just do 4x clears all at once of everything though, and usually i'm at full progression a few nodes into day 3.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,204 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On a 4 day (4x1) you should be fine without fully clearing 5* or challenge.  If you reach day 3 and you think you're a little behind, then clear the easy nodes optimally to give you a few extra hundred points as a buffer.  
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2021
    Options
    You can reach full progression without touching 5E or CN even once.
    That would require close to optimal (like 22+ hours for regenerating points) on trivial and loaner nodes and at least 8+ hours for the 4th clear of the other essentials - 3E, 4E nodes. Plus instant 4x clears on 3 hard nodes.
    Tested it on Meet R&G 3 day, because no waves and mostly standard node points.
    BTW, 5E and CN always have the same point values across all pve's. Some pve's do have a bit harder progression target to reach, though. There should be plenty of points still in non trivial nodes with more time left for recharging.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,743 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know you mentioned NOT doing 5E and CNs... But just to throw it out there....

I clear EVERY node until the timer appears.  Done.  Progression is guaranteed.

Sure, that means the 5E and CN... But lately, thanks to the winfinite, and a few other CN-designed teams, i havent lost in a long long time. 

Honestly, you could probably just do what i mentioned EXCEPT the 5E and CN clears, but jot down how many points each of those 6 clears would be, and make up for it by re-running other nodes.  Shouldnt be hard to accomplish.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's a spreadsheet maintained online that shows both the points for every node as well as the points needed for progression. So you could reference that sheet to calculate exactly how much you'd need to do.

According to that sheet, as an example, for the current event for SCL 10 you could hit everything but the 5e and CN 3 times at open and only 1 time before close along with each opening node once and you'd have enough points to get full progression.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options
    helix72 said:
    There's a spreadsheet maintained online that shows both the points for every node as well as the points needed for progression. So you could reference that sheet to calculate exactly how much you'd need to do.

According to that sheet, as an example, for the current event for SCL 10 you could hit everything but the 5e and CN 3 times at open and only 1 time before close along with each opening node once and you'd have enough points to get full progression.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19iWb3XtfSfkryP6ABjGDMiF73YJEEUSNY8-5R_Ye5YE
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Although I do 5E and CN only 3 times per node , by the end of all PvE events my score is 150% minimum that which is required for full progression rewards . I doubt those 2 nodes contribute over 33% of my entire score .Often times I can skip a day and still reach full progression.  There are ridiculous CN I skip completely (devs love Carnage5 a lot recently), and I still reach progression.  I could probably skip 4E as well , the system is extremely liberal in allowing you to just reach progression without placement concerns .