Isn't it time to add Rounds 9 and 10 to Alliance Events?

Options
Jacklag
Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
Maybe push the Legendary Token to Round 9 and have 50 shards of a 5* as reward for Round 8 and 200 shards for round 10?

Just spit balling here.

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    But... why?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    We've still never made it to the final round as an alliance, so depending on what happens to the existing rewards this would probably be a net negative for us. Keep in mind Sinister Six gives out essentially double points compared to a regular alliance event, so it gets finished faster than standard ones with single boss nodes.

I would welcome a challenge node that did offer points even though they weren't required for progression, that way the 2 or 3 of us in my alliance with big rosters can compensate more for new players with weak rosters who either can't complete all the side nodes or can't hang when the even gets "hard" across the weekend.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,204 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ...or run one of those puzzle gauntlets at the same time.

Would much rather prefer the OG gauntlet.  I never finished it, so it'd be nice to see how I stack up now.  Also, since it's an old event, leave it coded as is.  In other words, leave the character locks on so they can be as devious as they want in the final round.  Having nodes with brb, polaris, ihulk, okoye, etc and having those characters locked would be a good challenge.  
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh, I wouldn't suggest messing with the current rewards from rounds 1 to 7. Just add some 5* rewards in addition to the existing ones, so that Alliance events are not a 4* rewards only event.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish they had saved the puzzle gauntlet from a few weeks ago for now.  Would be nice to have that 3rd event this weekend with no pressure.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When these alliance events get finished so quickly a lot of CP is left on the table. I wish we had a way to continue gathering those missed nodes/boss waves after the event is done.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My only reason to keep playing on sunday are those 500 iso.
    As always Im asking for challenge. But perhaps I would prefer rather than bonus rounds having nodes updated.
    Perhaps more single duels or duo. Perhaps op puzzle nodes could be added.
    And bosses a bit more challenging.
    Alliance events could be updated and could be funnier.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On the one hand, I enjoy the break. These early-finish alliance events are the closest thing we get to a "vacation" without taking events off. I also like that they still re-open every 8 hours, giving us the opportunity to mess around with less optimal teams just for fun.
    On the other hand, it would be nice to have more of a reason to keep going. A small amount of HP equal to however many points clearing all the nodes yields would be something. Wouldn't even necessarily have to be for me. I'd keep playing for targets that net HP for my alliance mates. That way, I can give something back to the newer rosters in our alliance. Might be an interesting way to stress the "alliance" part of alliance events.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am enjoying the break to curb the burnout feeling that comes from time to time.

It’s fine as it is and I know there are plenty of alliances that cannot complete the rounds. I have merced to help several struggling ones and it’s not fun. Don’t add to it please.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't love the idea of adding more rounds and pushing rewards back.

I would be totally on board for an extra reset after completing round 8 with some 5* shards in the boss node rewards.  This would allow alliances of all levels to continue completing the event as normal but allow well performing alliances with heavier rosters to get the 5* shards they are used to in Scl10.

Dropping a challenge node in after completing round 8 would be fun too.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It’s definitely worth noting that the whole structure long predates shards.   In fact the whole repeating structure was a direct result of people complaining that there wasn’t enough points in the system for all 20 players to make progression.  

So it’s definitely reasonable to ask them to revamp the 8 rounds as appropriate.  But this would be a fundamental change to the event structure and would require all the events to be adjusted.

a better option would be to have future boss events written to a 9 round structure with repeating CP after rnd 8.  Every scl10 placement player has a roster that can easily post 2.5m per event with no issues with either the side node or main node scaling
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    That might suit big Alliances but not smaller ones.
    Sinister Six is an outlier as you get so many points it is always done early but I suspect for many Alliances reaching and clearing Round 8 is mostly a doesn't happen until Sunday type thing, if at all regularly. A lot of transitioning rosters get a leg up in Alliance events and this seems like just an unnecessary punishment to those guys.
    This. Sinister Six is the only alliance event where we consistently clear round 8. In other events we can usually manage clearing round 7, but round 8 is a rare occurrence.