Either Apocalypse or Cyclops is bugged

Options
JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
Apocalypse - Shared Strength: (PASSIVE) If any of Apocalypse's active allies are Mutants, Apocalypse cannot be stunned.
Cyclops - Savior of Mutantkind: (PASSIVE) If Cyclops has no active teammates...this power becomes Dark Phoenix Unleashed.

I'm betting I'm not the only one that noticed if you stunned Cyclops's allies in his PvP event that "Savior of Mutantkind" immediately became "Dark Phoenix Unleashed", meaning Cyclops' allies are not active when they're stunned.

This is interesting because Apocalypse cannot be stunned if his mutant allies are stunned but not downed, meaning even though they're stunned they're still considered 'active'...and yet Cyclops' allies are considered not active when they're stunned.

This also raises the question of why the enemy Cyclops' Savior of Mutantkind can become Dark Phoenix Unleashed while it's still the player's turn, and yet if you down Apocalypse's mutant allies and it's still the players' turn, Apocalypse still cannot be stunned even though he apparently no longer has any active allies.

Which is it? Are stunned characters active, or not?
If they are not, then Apocalypse is bugged.
If they are, then Cyclops is bugged.
One of them needs to be fixed.

Comments

• Qazzy
    Qazzy Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Apocalypse is bugged.
    I just fight a pvp, his allies are Polaris and miles, I downed polaris and stunning miles, and he still immune to stun.
    It seems that you have to enter a new turn while allies being inactive to cancel his stunning immune, but that's different with the skill description.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I remember reading the reason being that the game checks whether Apocalypse has any active mutant only once at the start of each turn, rather than checking his status every time an action or event triggers. Also, Apocalypse has been bugged since he was released.

As for Cyclops, the game actually checks the condition everytime an action or event triggers.

I think the bug on Apocalpyse isn't a bad thing afterall.
  • Qazzy
    Qazzy Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I remember reading the reason being that the game checks whether Apocalypse has any active mutant only once at the start of each turn, rather than checking his status every time an action or event triggers. Also, Apocalypse has been bugged since he was released.

As for Cyclops, the game actually checks the condition everytime an action or event triggers.

I think the bug on Apocalpyse isn't a bad thing afterall.
    Actually I think it is OK with Apocalypse's current skill, but it's surely be a bad thing while the skill description "lies" to players.
    Just rewrite the skill description and everything will be alright to me.