Anyone else stuck with lots of saved covers for Ihulk ?

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
Anyone else have a bunch of saved covers for Ihulk sitting around uselessly ?

Last time I cracked a hoard was when Apoc and Ihulk were in LLs. RNG screwed me over pretty good. I barely finished Apoc back then, I got lots of duplicate colors for Yelena and ended up unable to finish her, and my Ihulk I had to finish off with shards. I had pulled around 300 ish times and couldn't finish Ihulk then, ended up with so many duplicate colors and had to finish him via shards. I now have 7 saved covers which seem useless as  you don't want to level him too high so other characters can no longer tank any colors for him. Or unless you have a Okoye leveled to the moon. 

I can't see any purpose to use those saved covers unless D3 at some point tweaked his tool set. Maybe with so many people upset and sick of the Okoye/Ihulk combo they change how his passive works and in return nerf his self/team damage greatly, where you wouldn't want to keep him under leveled compared to your other 5s. 

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    you have 7 covers "wasted"?

is this post just a humble brag? feels like it.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    If you knew you were going to soft-cap him, you could've just started a second one.
    I don't play those games, though. I levelled mine and then just dealt with it. Didn't really hold me back.
    This. I just started a Thor dupe when I pulled him a couple times in the YJ store. Good thing too because a couple weeks later he was my resupply drop, lol. So my dupe has three covers (1/2/0) and I have 3.5 more in shards.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Omegased said:

No, but in regards to keeping Ihulk under leveled so others can take some of his colors. I would  have loved to end up with 7 extra covers for some other 5s like BRB or Apoc. My Ihulk is like one level away from overtaking BRB in green and already ahead of my Okoye. Applying more covers to my Ihulk means more team damage when  he revives and less characters able to tank his colors. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tonypq said:
    Omegased said:

No, but in regards to keeping Ihulk under leveled so others can take some of his colors. I would  have loved to end up with 7 extra covers for some other 5s like BRB or Apoc. My Ihulk is like one level away from overtaking BRB in green and already ahead of my Okoye. Applying more covers to my Ihulk means more team damage when  he revives and less characters able to tank his colors. 
    500 is the upper limit for where you want ihulk.  You want around 30 additional okie levels to reset the tanking priority orders.  You can use supports to tweak that order in pve.

Once you’ve setup your long term roster. And you don’t need to adjust ihulk tanking order,  keep those saved covers so you can flip them if there’s a buyback.

I have a reference level in mind for my roster and I add covers based on the idea I want a set relationship between my chars and the rest becomes dupes for resale
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I do wish there was a better way to deal with uneven cover distribution. I had a similar issue with Killmonger where I had 9 saved covers before getting that elusive 13th. I'm currently having the same issue with Magneto who is at a wonderful 1/2/8.

I have may other classics in a similar way. Archangel is 5/1/1. Yelena is 5/3/2 with 3 saved covers. Cable was 5/4/0 for the longest time, Doom was 1/5/1 as well.

I had many that where 3/0/0 or similar before shards came along. It is what it is. Lower tier characters it's less of an issue, but with 5*s being so rare, it sucks. I don't want to waste 3 covers because of uneven distribution so it's just a game of waiting and sharding.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Loosie said:
    I do wish there was a better way to deal with uneven cover distribution. I had a similar issue with Killmonger where I had 9 saved covers before getting that elusive 13th. I'm currently having the same issue with Magneto who is at a wonderful 1/2/8.

I have may other classics in a similar way. Archangel is 5/1/1. Yelena is 5/3/2 with 3 saved covers. Cable was 5/4/0 for the longest time, Doom was 1/5/1 as well.

I had many that where 3/0/0 or similar before shards came along. It is what it is. Lower tier characters it's less of an issue, but with 5*s being so rare, it sucks. I don't want to waste 3 covers because of uneven distribution so it's just a game of waiting and sharding.
    My Magneto is at 9/2/2.
    What makes it hurt even more is that I used shards to get his first cover, I chose blue, not knowing that the RNG would give me 8 more blues.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    my ihulk has 6 saved, my thor has 5.
    both are at level 330, okoye is at 400.
    i don't think im going to touch those 3 (and several others) ever again