What’s the time commitment to get to 1200 in PvP?

Options
Wil88
Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
I’m trying to determine how much time and how difficult it would be to get to 1200 in PvP for the CP reward. Currently I play to 575 in SCL 10 and it takes me 45-60 mins to do so. 

I play PvE to full progression in SCL 10 and don’t really have the time to play for placement in either PvE or PvP. I also don’t think I have the time to coordinate shield hopping. 
I’m finding it still taking an incredibly long time to progress on the 5* characters and typically can only get 2-3 covers for each new release as I hoard until I have enough pulls to cover a desired character. 
My last time pulling was when iHulk Yelena and Apocalypse were in latests and I am just now having enough CP to guarantee a fully covered BRB when he shows up in the next store. 
Once I champ BRB I will have 11 5* champions which include the top 6 of current meta. 
So - will the extra 54 CP a week from getting to 1200 make a huge difference to my ability to keep up with the new releases? And how much time should I expect to commit each PvP in order to do so?

Comments

• 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wil88 said:
    I’m trying to determine how much time and how difficult it would be.....
    I play PvE to full progression in SCL 10 and don’t really have the time to play for placement in either PvE and PVP....... And how much time should I expect to commit each PvP in order to do so?
    Hi Wil88, Your message resonates well with me.
    My question to the community in return is:
    What if I play daily an hour is the best strategy to get all new released covers? I am struggling to keep up with 5* characters. Same SCL 10 PVE and PVP as above. Decent roster, see link below, but still....What is the best playing strategy for us if you only have 1 hour a day?
    please advise🤔🙏
  • Xair
    Xair Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    the amount of cp you earn issue had already been discussed at length in the forum.
    from what u describe, u r supposed to have more than enough as is, to cover all recent releases. 
    taking in to account that some of the 5* releases aren't worth covering, you should have plenty in reserve.
    thus the extra cp you will earn from pvp, should you reach 1200, will just be extra reserve to be used on special featured stores.
    as for your time question, it very much depends on your mmr, and the meta chars you use. but if you are very efficient with your time, you could reach 1200 with  only 1 hour of time spent on pvp, by climbing when most players are climbing, i.e 24 hours before time ends, that will give you more targets with high points.
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thx Xair, you know, sometimes RL is worth throwing the IPad down and spend quality time with family 😍. 
    I am currently missing latest two 5*, so that is manageable with LT and cp. My goal is to have at least one cover for the Pokémon effect. Preferably 3 different covers, for a playable 5*. 
    Gritty is my backbone, PVE and PVE. Kitty is my only 5* champion and R4G my highest 4*, thanks to the shards.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Many people misunderstand how coordinated shield hopping works. If you have a small to medium 5* roster it will help you get to 1200 faster, with less health packs,  and with less shields. I could get to 1200 on 1 to 2 shields in about 60 mins(? guessing, edit- 20 to 25 matches) in S4 using the room. The PvP shield rooms have been in use since the game started, 7 years! So it runs very efficiently. Only way it will eat your time is it's actually very social, easy to get involved that way. You could give it a try a few events and drop out if it's not working.

If you have a higher leveled roster with the meta characters you could probably get to 1200 a bit faster not using the PvP line rooms. But it's negligible. There's a bunch here that do it in slice 4.

If you don't care about PvP placement and want 1200 and out; then go PvP slice 1,3 or 4. I think 4 is the highest scoring with 1 a close second. Higher scoring means higher point Qs for quicker climbing. The 1200 cp reward really helps to grow the hoard.

Good luck!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Who are you using to climb? 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My roster is full of baby 5* champions and I can’t be bothered to shield hop to 1200 as well. I climb to 900 in 45-60mins and simply shield out. Is there a reason why you are only hitting 575? Don’t under estimate the 4* reward cover at 900. If you have all your 4* championed, these can be a good source of cp too. 
  • Wil88
    Options
    Who are you using to climb? 
    Typically Thorkoye or Apoc Thor depending on opponents. Apoc is my highest 5* at lvl 460.
    Pongie said:
    Is there a reason why you are only hitting 575?
    It seemed to me that after 575 the rewards dropped off for anything decent until you get to 900, plus at that point I start to queue up a lot of Hulkoye teams or higher level teams that I have a harder time beating or that chew up my health paks.
  • Xair
    Xair Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Wil88 said:
    It seemed to me that after 575 the rewards dropped off for anything decent until you get to 900, plus at that point I start to queue up a lot of Hulkoye teams or higher level teams that I have a harder time beating or that chew up my health paks.
    seems to me that you are not using the skip button often enough.
    i see many players in pvp attack the first thing they get offered by the system, and they end up wasting all their heals too quickly. burning themselves without reaching their goals.
    if u want to get high results in pvp, you must be willing to waste iso, press the skip button until you get a weaker target. i assure you you can climb all the way to 1200 without having to hit even 1 hulk/okoye.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    You need to use skip button frequently to find high point targets. 

This is how I play:

First 5 wins: find targets whose points are between 68 to 75 points

Next 5 wins: find targets whose points are between 60 to 65 points

Next 5 wins: find targets whose points are between 58 to 62 points

Next 5 wins: high 30 to 50 points

It takes me about 20 wins to hit 1000 points. For 1200, throw in another 6 wins needed. It should take you about 45mins. Most importantly, play in Slice 1, 3 or 4 because the other 2 are points suppressor slice (?), meaning to say, it's more difficult to climb to 1200 without shield hopping 1 or 2 times.

I can also confirm what Xair says about not needing to hit iHulkoye but they are usually worth a lot of points, high 6x even when you are in the 9XX range.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hell I'm lucky if I can find a fight that's worth more than 40 points and it feels like half the time when I do find one and I get the win I only get like 17-22 points from it. It's messed up.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    If you don’t care about hanging on to placement by shielding out, just hit the 1200, I find I can do it more easily with more than 24hrs left to go when people aren’t guarding their placement as aggressively. So I will get the 10cp right when it opens and then poke at it here and there over the next day, and then if I already have the 10 mighty tokens for the season and don’t need the points, I’ll usually run up to 1200 when there is like a 1d 8hrs or something like that and just walk away. I never shield mid event but if I’m trying to push to 1200 I’ll get 5pcks of health (or spend spicy tokens for them).
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2021
    Options
    For "normal" events, about 1hr and 5 minutes

Step 1 - about 1hr to climb to around 1,000 (using Polaris/Sabretooth and my baby Hulkoye)
    Step 2 - 5 minutes (ideally 4 minutes, but I'll round to 5) to get the last ~200 points in one shield hop (using exclusively Polaris/Grocket).
    There could be 8 to 24 hours between Step 1 and 2, but I'm not actually playing, so it doesn't count.
    If things go horribly wrong, then add another 5 minutes for a 2nd shield hop.
    Step 3 - Shield to End, collect my T50 winnings in CL10. 

[Slice 1. Intentionally still in 4* MMR land, for this exact purpose]
  • Wil88
    Options
    Thanks for the tips all. Got to 900 in Fire and Eyes pretty easily just by switching to Slice 4 from my usual slice 5. RL commitments kept me from trying 1200 this go round but I think I might have the best luck going for 1200 when I have the time and then walking away as @ThaRoadWarrior said. 
    You guys can have my unshielded points!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Depends on the shard. Go where the fatty points are in the always-hopper shards (so your move from S5 to S4 I would suggest is a very good one): it's 16 matches at 2-3 minutes/per x 75 points each = 1200 in 45minutes-ish.

Every slice will depend on your roster size of course. If shield hopping you'll still have more luck in the high-point shards because it won't be everyone trying to take whatever points they can get: many will find easy teams worth many points throughout the event.