Pull from Good Fortune store or build my stash ?

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
Based on info below,

Would you suggest I pull some in the Good Fortune store or keep building my stash ?

Not being a fan of the 5s released for some time I planned to hoard until there is at least one new 5 I want badly, or a couple really good ones in LLs at the same time. Last time I pulled LLs was when Apoc and Ihulk were there. Currently I have 2246 CPs and 150 LL tokens. 

I have Kity, Okoye, BRB, PX, GED, Carol, Hela, Thanos, BP, OMD, and Ihulk all fully covered. My Okoye is level 451 and Ihulk 448. So it would be nice to add some more Okoye covers to get her closer to tanking more colors for Ihulk. Not sure if I should wait for like a womans day special store or not to try and add Okoye covers then. 

I dont have any 5DP covers and I need quite a few for Onslaught, not dying to complete either of them but they aren't bad at all. I was hoarding like I said for a good LL store and or to finish Thor who is the last meta 5 for me to finish, mine is at 3/1/1.

I was curious what some of you would suggest. Looks like it could be a long time before LL has 2 or 3 worthwhile 5s in the store at the same time. I also need to finish Thor so if a store pops up he's in, he'd be good character to spend some pulls on also. Then again I use Ihulk a lot and would be nice to get Okoye to a point she could tank for him. Or I can hoard until LLs has a couple great 5s and be able to get enough covers to max cover them and get a bunch of champ levels. 

Comments

• akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Honestly if you have 0 DP then it may be worth pulling to get 1 of him if for nothing more than the extra Spicy Token every day. Nice that it comes with consolation prize of Okoye levels or Onslaught progress. 

See how much CP it takes to get one DP and then evaluate if you have enough left over to make meaningful progress on Onslaught. If you don't then decision is made for you and you continue hoarding.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @tonypq I was just asking myself the same question. I have plenty of covers for Ghostpool, but need covers for Okoye and really like Onslaught. I don't have as many tokens and CP as you, but planned on hoarding for the next LL to have 3 worthwhile 5s. Looks like we both have decisions to make.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I think I would suggest probably pulling until you get at least one Deadpool cover, just so you have that for when he's required at some point. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just to mention I play all PVE events to full completion/rewards. Sometimes SCL9 when I don't have much time, other times SCL 10 for the better rewards or 5* shards I need. I might play SCL 10 PVE more often if I had an Okoye at a higher level to tank more colors with Ihulk to speed up SCL 10 clears. For PVP I usually just play up to the first batch of CPs. 

I use Ihulk a lot, but right now Okoyoe isn't high enough level to tank red or green. So at times I can blow through quite a few health packs. That was my main draw to the Good Fortune store potentially getting some Okoye covers. 

I don't have a cover in 5Ghostpool, I also don't have covers for others 5s I didn't feel like chasing such as OBD, Heim, AW, Mags. I decided to skip them entirely to save LL tokens and CPs for the next good 5s down the road. I just skipped those nodes when those 5s were required. As far as Onslaught mine is at 1/1/1. 

I guess I was a little torn between waiting for 5Thor to come around in a decent store, he's the last meta 5 I don't have covered or build up levels for Okoye since I use her and Ihulk often. Or pray sooner than later LLs actually has 1 super 5 or at least 2 really good ones at the same time. 

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Onslaught Px is NASTY.  That combo can easily beat a similar level meta team.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If rumors are true the 5* after Sigh-clops has real potential.  YJ and a potential meta new 5* will be worth pulling LLs
  • Akoni
    Options
    Theghouse said:
    If rumors are true the 5* after Sigh-clops has real potential.  YJ and a potential meta new 5* will be worth pulling LLs
    What rumors?
  • Bobdvol
    Bobdvol Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Akoni said:
    Theghouse said:
    What rumors?
    Please
  • Akoni
    Options
    @Bobdvol I haven't heard any rumors. Just hopeful statements.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Akoni said:
    Theghouse said:
    What rumors?

The only rumor I know of that can be repeated here is we've had multiple Okoye offers (stores, special offers, etc) in a short period of time so the conspiracy theorists are using that as evidence that something is coming to replace her and the devs are tricking us into emptying our CP hoards before said new meta arrives.

So do you have a tinfoil hat?
  • Akoni
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Akoni said:
    Theghouse said:
    What rumors?

The only rumor I know of that can be repeated here is we've had multiple Okoye offers (stores, special offers, etc) in a short period of time so the conspiracy theorists are using that as evidence that something is coming to replace her and the devs are tricking us into emptying our CP hoards before said new meta arrives.

So do you have a tinfoil hat?
    No tinfoil hats here. They get really hot in the summer and the sun's reflection is blinding to other drivers. On that note, before the Okoye/Onslaught/Ghostpool store expires, I'll probably indulge. I've been observing other players' luck (or lack thereof). It seems worth it.
  • Tron4
    Tron4 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    tonypq said:

I use Ihulk a lot, but right now Okoyoe isn't high enough level to tank red or green.

My Okoye is 516 and my ihulk is 451 and she still doesn't tank green, so you've got a long wait there. 
    She does tank red though and all the other colours 
  • McPosterson
    McPosterson Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    U should always pull from classics.  Why waste on a higher spend store
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 398 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So you can get 1 of the 2-3 5* you want and not one of the 50 5* you don't want lol.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    U should always pull from classics.  Why waste on a higher spend store
    I used to think the same way. However this very much hampers progression to the 5* tier as your 5* are so diluted. The game stagnated for me. 
    I’m much happier since I’ve targeted my 5* pulls and could move up to SCL 10 for better rewards and more challenge. 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,946 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    **Mod note: Removed a post discussing a rumor. Unless it's clearly speculation, we discourage posting rumors on the forum. The reason for this is that if true, the rumor is based on data-mined information which is a major rules violation; if false, the rumor is spreading misinformation which is also a major rules violation. Either way, your post will be removed and you will be issued a warning. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Thank you.