Does it Worth open legendary tokens now?

Options
Shaton120
Shaton120 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
Hello, I want to ask your opinion about opening legendary token given the following situation:

I've got 87 legendary tokens waiting since I began playing and 4778 CP. The point is using all of them at the same time so I earn lots of covers from the 3 starring 5*

I also have Every 2* and 3* champion character.

15 4* characters left to finally have all of them.

I wanted to at least have every 4* character before opening, but I dont want the new 5ª cyclops, so I have the following choises.

- Open all of them now, risk losing about 15 4* characters but earning Magneto, Adam Warlok and Yellow Jacket
- Be patient, wait until I have every 4* character and open when i have 3 extra slots, but earning worse 5* characters
- Be extremely patient and wait until 3 better 5* characters 

Sorry for the bad English and thanks for the help ^^

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,204 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait.  If you're not sold on the 3 5* in the LL, no point in opening everything.  Depends also on if you play PVP.  If you're only PVE it doesn't matter as much.  But, if you do PVP, you're pretty much stuck running those 5* over and over.  

Also, while you wait, if there's a killer store with 5* that you like, you can open there.  

Once you enter the 5* realm, you won't use your 4* that often (except for a select few, Grocket, Polaris, etc).  

My suggestion is enjoy the 4* level.  This game is a marathon, not a sprint.  But, if you really want to skip 4*, these are not the 3 to start with... 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd wait until their is a trio of good 5s available. Or at least 1 very good 5 and one not so bad to get at the same time. The current trio isn't too great and you won't be doing yourself any favors blowing your stash on the meh group of 5s in LLs currently. Unfortunately that means we're likely to have to wait quite some time before we get a trio of 5s in LL store that are worth chasing. At least when there is a 5 or two worth pulling for down the road, you'll have more CPs and LL tokens and have a better chance to fully cover all three.
  • McPosterson
    McPosterson Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Why wait to open tokens.  There's no enjoyment to b won by sitting on em
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    Definitely wait. These three 5s aren’t who you wanna be jumping into 5* MMR with. Nor the next batch when Cyclops enters. At your stage I spent CP on Classics to build 4s and stockpiled LTs for a rainy day.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm having a similar quandry except I am already in 5 start land.  I hate hoarding tokens but don't like the 5* Magneto and can't imagine the 5*PhxCyc being good.  So do I want to just wait?  Try to chase YJ and AW?  I will probably wait for this week and next week to see how 5*PhxCyc plays.
  • McPosterson
    Options
    Definitely wait. These three 5s aren’t who you wanna be jumping into 5* MMR with. Nor the next batch when Cyclops enters. At your stage I spent CP on Classics to build 4s and stockpiled LTs for a rainy day.
    You are Cray-A-Zay!  Open N O W
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Definitely wait
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would wait. I use to be tempted to use them when I had fewer resources than you do. I have since learned my lesson. When it comes to 5* characters, don't try to collect them all unless that is your main goal. Save your resources until you get at least 2 5* characters are of interest to you. If that is now, go for it. If not, just wait. Championing a 5* that you really like will feel much better than collecting a few covers of 3 different characters that are meh to you.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would wait until we see who the next 5* after Cyclops is and what their store is like. As for your remaining 4s that you need to roster it's not really that difficult to get a 4* cover with shards these days so if the next 5* after Cyclops looks pretty meta then I would pull then. 
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and wait. These current 5s will not bring you joy. Well worth to wait and feel like a proper god a few months down the drain. Focus on your 4‘s and getting more CP.

• tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wait till hopefully a fan favorite store
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    There are 2 meta characters per calendar year. We have crossed two non-meta 5* and we have another 11 5* more to go. Using past data, the shortest period between releases of meta 5* is ~1 or 2 months, and the longest 11 months. The median is ~4 months. We are now at the 9th month without a meta 5*. 

International Women Day is coming next month, and Okoye and/or Kitty Pryde is highly likely to appear in a special store. Based on past conspiracy theory, they will try to drain your cp with such store so that fewer players can cover the next meta 5* in the coming months. I'm betting on a meta 5* being released on April or May. March is also possible because it has been more than 2 years since we last had a female meta 5* and the next 5* happens to be released on the same week as International Women's Day.

Hold if you are chasing meta.

These are the release months of meta 5* since 2017:

Oct 2017 - Gambit & Thor

18 May 2018 - Okoye
    20 Sep 2018 - Kitty Pryde

15 Aug 2019 - Prof X
    5 Dec 2019 - BRB

26 Mar 2020 - Immortal Hulk
    7 May 2020 - Apocalypse

5* Release Date for 2021
    14 Jan - Yellow Jacket
    11 Feb - Cyclops (Phoenix Force)
    11 March
    8 Apr
    6 May
    3 Jun
    1 Jul
    29 Jul
    26 Aug
    23 Sep
    21 Oct
    18 Nov
    16 Dec

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,143 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The CP store for 5-star Cyclops is going to have Beta Ray Bill in there.  If you're going to spend your CP, do it in that store, where you've got a chance to get BRB covers.  I know I'm hoping to get the last two covers I need to champ him from that store...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    There's a Good Fortune CP Store with Okoye, Onslaught and Deadpool to celebrate Lunar Chinese New Year. This must be one of the most random cp stores where the characters have no link to the festival. 

With the appearance of Okoye in this store and BRB in Cyclops' cp store next week, they are working hard to drain your cps before they unleash the new meta in March. It's coming soon!
  • Shaton120
    Shaton120 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well, I made a choise.I'm going to spend all my cps on Good Fortune. I need to improve the 4* characters and Okoye is in that pool..

I'm still storing the legendary tokens and I will save more CPS the next time some good legendary trio appears.

Thank for your advice people ^^
  • sambrookjm
    Options

With the appearance of Okoye in this store and BRB in Cyclops' cp store next week, they are working hard to drain your cps before they unleash the new meta in March. It's coming soon!
    My Okoye's champed, but it's still a good thing I knew about BRB in the Cyclops store coming up...otherwise, I probably would have tried for a few of those tokens to get Onslaught (3/3/3) up a cover or two.  As it is, my BrB will need two covers from that store to get champed...or he'll be waiting for a whole lot of shards!
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Onslaught + Okoye + Deadpool > BRB + Sighclops + Mean Jean, but champed BRB > champed Onslaught so I can understand wanting to see what you can get.
  • McPosterson
    Options
    The big five star are OK     But your roster will benefit much from all the four you win from token.  Much more than five star
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Onslaught + Okoye + Deadpool > BRB + Sighclops + Mean Jean, but champed BRB > champed Onslaught so I can understand wanting to see what you can get.
    Agreed 100%.  If BRB weren't my 5-star shard target right now, I'd already have put a good amount of CP into the Okoye store.  Right now, BRB 3/3/4 with 420 shards.  I'll almost certainly be pulling enough from his store for him to get another cover...unless I get three of his covers and a Cyclops before I get the 80 shards.  Not very likely...but possible. :)