Which Web-Warrior would you like to see become a 5* character?

Options
fight4thedream
fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
As has been noted in the Silk character thread, there has been a noticeable lack of web friendly characters in the 5* tier for Peter Parker to work with while the 4* tier has seemingly reached a point of saturation. However, considering the amazingness of the Spider-verse, there are still plenty of web-warriors left who could give 5* Pete a hand. 

With that in mind, I am curious which Spider-friend you would like to see get the 5* treatment.  Please note, the following are all non-Peter Parker versions of Spider-man since you can't use two Pete's on the same team (let's assume that rule also applies to alternate reality or timeline versions of Peter Parker, despite the curious case of Angel/Archangel).  Clones, on the other hand, are ok. If you like, feel free to explain your choice. 

Which Web-Warrior would you like to see become a 5* character? 42 votes

Madame Web (Julia Carpenter)
19%
thedarkphoenixSteve111skittledaddySithforeverVenomousgrumbLEGOMr_FSaltnPeppa 8 votes
Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly)
42%
YasuruIridiouspheregasTalestummyCaptain_CarlmanJHawkIncrg72bk201BorstockgrenadierBigSoftieFFAres76First311658_2MegaBeeCannibalqueenBriMan2222Beefhammer69 18 votes
Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
4%
xKOBALTxKross 2 votes
Shadow Spider (Miles Morales)
7%
zonatahuntbowla33jp1 3 votes
Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon)
2%
Bobdvol 1 vote
Spider-Girl (May "Mayday" Parker)
2%
KGB 1 vote
Spider-Man (Pavitr Prabhakar)
0%
Spider-Man (Takuya Yamashiro)
7%
akboycefight4thedreamTheDaniel 3 votes
Spider-Punk (Hobart Brown)
2%
MrEd95 1 vote
Other
11%
KolenceDAZ0273helix72Waddles_PinesTimemachinego 5 votes

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh tinykitty I didn't see Japanese Spider-Man on there and I can't change my vote :(
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Other
    I want Spider-Man Noir
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please none... web tiles are horrible to this game.  Keep them out of 5* battles 

Ben Reilly is cool though.  I'd like to see him in the game in some way 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please none... web tiles are horrible to this game.  Keep them out of 5* battles 

With great power, comes a great hoodie.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Party-pooper.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't see Italian Spider-Man on the list...
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other
    Hostess fruit pie.. 

Image result for hostess fruit pie spiderman
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    helix72 said:
    I want Spider-Man Noir
    Same.

If not, give me Man-Spider.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Did anybody suggest Spiders-Man, thousands of spiders that believe they are spider-man?

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am surprised by how many of these would make a good edition to PQ. Although personally, while Ben Reilly is the most likely to get added, he doesn't make much sense as a 5 star. Even if many 5 stars now aren't really 5 star material either. 

I would love to see Madame Web. Although I personally prefer Mayday, not as a 5 star though. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other
    From the Silk thread, I said Morlun.  Add another web tile spammer (maybe Madam Web), then later Morlun with a web tile "eating" mechanic.  
  • Venomous
    Options
    That is the exact thing I was talking to someone else about actually. Would love if Morlun got added with his entire kit being countering web tiles. Have him explode dealing massive damage or something. That or have him gain ap whenever a web tile is formed or destroyed. Or a move that does bonus damage or bonus effects against Web Warriors. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. Miles

(distant second)

2. Superior

3. Ben
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Madame web fits best for me.

Should be HEAVY support, and even more so for webtile user.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did anybody suggest Spiders-Man, thousands of spiders that believe they are spider-man?

He's always kinda creeped me out. Surprisingly, Man-Spider doesn't, though.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've always wanted Mayday to represent one of the many alternate worlds of Marvel. Never was a fan of Silk, hated her origin ("bit by the same spider then locked in a vault to explain her absence" feels like bottom-tier storytelling, in my opinion).

But I'd put Mayday (and some of the others on this list) as 4's, not 5's.

Miles is an obvious 5-star choice. Really, he should have been the 5 instead of Kingpin, and Kingpin should have gotten the costume. Then we could have more of the really awesome Miles Spider-verse outfit, and less of that stupid torso-face Kingpin design.

And several others would work well as Supports (if they ever kept doing Supports, that'd be a great way to mix in a dozen more Spidey-people alongside Peni Parker).

So really, the glaring omission at this point is some form of Ben Reilly. Though I admit I'm torn between Scarlet Spider and Sensational Spider-Man, because I like that suit. (or do both, since we can do that with costumes)

But do Morlun too. 5* Reilly, 4* Mayday, 5* Morlun, 4* SpideyVillain (Rhino? Shocker? etc), give us another Summer of Spidey type thing.
  • Venomous
    Options
    If we do talk villains...... I seriously don't understand how Electro isn't in game. He's that one character I am the most surprised not being in yet. Him and Rhino. 

But yes. I agree. Mayday is still my most requested of them all. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I wouldn't expect too many non-symbiote villains to be spewing out webs or generally caring about them. Maybe when that Morbius movie finally comes out we'll get some new 5* SpiderStuff?
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Other
    5*? Superior for sure. I also like the idea of Morlun as a web-eater, but I'm not sure such a niche pick deserves above 4*.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5*? Superior for sure. I also like the idea of Morlun as a web-eater, but I'm not sure such a niche pick deserves above 4*.
    The only problem with a superior spiderman as a 5 star is that he is also peter parkers body.  So you probably would be locked out of using him and 5 star peter parker together, so it wouldn't bring a new web using 5 star partner for Peter.