Kelvinkhr
Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
edited February 2021 in Speculation and Concepts

Zzzax (Electromagnetic Entity)

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)

Health: High

Match Damage: Moderate

Electromagnetic Induction - 0  AP

(PASSIVE) Zzzax is a creature of pure electricity, essentially a psionically charged electromagnetic field of humanoid form. Zzzax has a 30% chance to create a Charged tile when making a match. Matching a Charged tile destroys the entire row or column. Destroyed tiles deal damage but do not generate AP.

(At level 70)

Level 2 - Zzzax has a 45% chance to create a Charged tile when making a match.

Level 3 - Zzzax has a 60% chance to create a Charged tile when making a match.

Level 4 - Zzzax has a 75% chance to create a Charged tile when making a match.

Level 5 - Zzzax has a 90% chance to create a Charged tile when making a match.

Electromagnetic Intelligence - 8  AP

Zzzax subsists by drawing all available electromagnetic fields into its own. Makes a match for each Charged tile on the board. (Max of 5 matches)

(PASSIVE) Despite its origin, Zzzax is capable of crude human level intelligence and superhuman strength. At the start of each round, converts a random enemy special tile into a Charged tile.

(At level 70)

Level 2 - Zzzax also drains 300 health from the enemy team for each match made.

Level 3 - Zzzax also drains 400 health from the enemy team for each match made. At the start of each round, convert two random enemy special tiles into Charged tiles. 

Level 4 - Zzzax also drains 500 health from the enemy team for each match made. At the start of each round, convert three random enemy special tiles into Charged tiles.

Level 5 - Zzzax also drains 600 health from the enemy team for each match made. At the start of each round, convert four random enemy special tiles into Charged tiles.

Electromagnetic Blast - 7  AP

Zzzax unleashes a blast of electromagnetic energy capable of incinerating an entire block. Select a colour and destroy all Charged tiles in that colour. 

(PASSIVE) When a Charged tile is matched, drains 3 enemy AP in that colour and creates a Charged tile in that colour. 

(At level 70)

Level 2 - (PASSIVE) Zzzax takes 10% less damage from each enemy damage for each Charged tile in the matched colour.

Level 3 - When a Charged tile is matched, drains 4 enemy AP in that colour and creates two Charged tiles in that colour. 

Level 4 - When a Charged tile is matched, drains 5 enemy AP in that colour and creates three Charged tiles in that colour. Zzzax takes 12% less damage from each enemy damage for each Charged tile in the matched colour.

Level 5 - When a Charged tile is matched, drains 6 enemy AP in that colour and creates four Charged tiles in that colour. Zzzax takes 14% less damage from each enemy damage for each Charged tile in the matched colour.

Developer's Notes

• Electromagnetic Induction creates the Charged tile before the match, so essentially a Charged tile is matched that way.

Comments

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I had to look this one up. I had never heard of Zzzax.

At first, I thought that he was way too powerful and had to go back and read it again. On his own, he's actually fairly balanced (except Blue). Blue is still insane. If there are 10 charged tiles, he would make 10 matches because of his blue. In addition to that, his Green will potentially create another charged tile during those matches. Limit the number of matches he can make somehow and he will be awesome. His Green and Yellow are really good. Overall, I like it. 
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Akoni said:
    I had to look this one up. I had never heard of Zzzax.

At first, I thought that he was way too powerful and had to go back and read it again. On his own, he's actually fairly balanced (except Blue). Blue is still insane. If there are 10 charged tiles, he would make 10 matches because of his blue. In addition to that, his Green will potentially create another charged tile during those matches. Limit the number of matches he can make somehow and he will be awesome. His Green and Yellow are really good. Overall, I like it. 

Thank you for the kind feedback! I am glad you like it. Zzzax is pretty obscure as a villain, I think.

You make a good point with his Blue ability. I will amend that. Thank you!