Puzzle Gauntlet might be first step in better way to get different Supports?

Options
cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
I'm sure everyone has complaints about Supports. Me too! They appear to almost always be completely random.

How do I get a specific support? Hope you draw it!
How do I level a support? Hope you draw a higher level support! This is even more specific and hard to do!

With the Puzzle Gauntlet, winning a token to a store of a specific support is a good idea, because you can get at least the basic support. This is a perfect way to get a specific support!

The problem is, if you already had a 3* Talon Fighter, then this store does nothing for you. (I say nothing, because almost always, gaining red iso is for nothing)

People have said this before, but there needs to be a way to shard specific supports or something. Maybe gaining a certain number of duplicate supports keeps a tally and after a certain amount, it goes up to the next level. It can be a high amount of duplicates! But ANY progress is better than literal none.

TLDR; Puzzle Gauntlet introduces a POTENTIAL way to get specific supports, but we still need a way to level currently owned supports.

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would just get rid of needing to acquire supports to begin with. All are unlocked on day one and then you can acquire support shards from progression and placement. It would apply to the Infinity stones as well, the only difference for them is that they would need a lot more shards to level them up.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    more supports would be nice. it's not like they are bad, just the roll out, and trouble acquiring them/levelling them up was bad. they can actually be very useful. but there's like 250 characters and 50 supports. 
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jredd said:
    more supports would be nice. it's not like they are bad, just the roll out, and trouble acquiring them/levelling them up was bad. they can actually be very useful. but there's like 250 characters and 50 supports. 
    Agreed, 100%.  Supports were a good idea that just fell apart almost immediately due to the reasons you mentioned and not much that really explained how they worked.  Now that time has passed and people have realized how useful supports can be, I think it would be a good time to revisit the concept and make more new ones, revamp the way they're earned and leveled, etc.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shards for supports would be step. Right now there is still nothing but "pray to RNG gods" to get there.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jredd said:
    I would love more supports and new ways to get them.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Supports feel like having to champ all 4-star characters in this game by only opening heroic tokens. It takes FOREVER. And the chance of ever getting a 5-star support is desolate. How comes I managed to champ more than 30 five-star characters but never got a single five-star support? I even spent a lot of HP when there was a special support store a long time ago. But I forgot what was in there - I guess it was the new releases for Avengers:Endgame. Best I could get there was a four-star Stormbreaker which I never use on Gladiathor because he thus would tank red over Okoye.