Marvel Games Black History Month with New Mobile Updates - Marvel.com Article (2/2/21)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
Sharing some information from the Marvel Games Black History Month with New Mobile Updates - Marvel.com article that was posted earlier today.

A snippet with MPQ info below - full article can be found here: https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/marvel-games-black-history-month-2021-mobile-updates

Marvel Puzzle Quest

Check your inbox in February to receive 400 Black Panther (King of Wakanda) shards for FREE. Also, PVP Events throughout the month will feature black characters in honor of Black History Month! Peep the schedule below and ready your teams!

• 02/02: Black Panther (King of Wakanda)
  • 02/04: Shuri (Master Engineer)
  • 02/07: Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
  • 02/09: Misty Knight (Heroes for Hire)
  • 02/16: Storm (Mohawk)
  • 02/18: Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
  • 02/21: Luke Cage (Power Man)
  • 02/23: Riri Williams (Ironheart)
  • 02/25: Black Panther (T’Challa)
Marvel Puzzle Quest

Not only that, black heroes will receive bonus buffs throughout the month! Use select black heroes in these windows to unleash their full potential:

02/04 – 02/10

• Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
  • Riri Williams (Ironheart)
  • Blade (Modern)
  • Sam Wilson (Falcon)
  • Storm (Modern)

02/11 – 02/17

• Luke Cage (Power Man)
  • War Machine (James Rhodes)
  • Misty Knight (Heroes for Hire)
  • Storm (Mohawk)

02/18-02/24

• Bishop (Classic)
  • Black Panther (King of Wakanda)
  • Blade (Daywalker)
  • Storm (Classic)

02/25-03/03

• Shuri (Master Engineer)
  • Sam Wilson (Captain America)
  • Cloak & Dagger (Classic)
  • Black Panther (T’Challa)
Marvel Puzzle Quest

And later this month the Phoenix Force pays a visit to a certain mutant... look out for more MPQ news soon!

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No love for Okoye makes me sad. Unless that Spear of Wakanda offer counts. Meh.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Besides Okoye offer, will there be other cash bundle offers this month related to Black History Month?
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Besides Okoye offer, will there be other cash bundle offers this month related to Black History Month?

Or non-cash bundles?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I think there will be HP vault with 3* to 5* shards related to Black History Month. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A store would be cool. If it featured Okoye and two others, I’m sure it’d be popular. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A store would be cool. If it featured Okoye and two others, I’m sure it’d be popular. 

Okoye, Heimdall, and Killmonger please!
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    helix72 said:

Great idea , I’d like to swap out Okoye or Heimdall for Storm though 
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A Bishop PvP would have been nice. Since his nerf I haven't played him much. But I didn't sell him. So that would have been an advantage over those who did and have him at low levels. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Huh. For me the PvP essential is mostly like an 11th toe. I know it’s there, sometimes helps, sometimes gets in the way, but otherwise doesn’t usually do much.

PS-personally I only have 10 toes and I apologize in advance if any of my comments are offensive to any 11-toed people. I will attend extra toe sensitivity training if need be.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    helix72 said:

Great idea , I’d like to swap out Okoye or Heimdall for Storm though 
    Swap out Heimdall for anyone. 5BP ideally.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GAUNTLET!!!!!! 

They buried the lede ;)
  • shardwick
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Royal Talon support in the Puzzle Gauntlet isn't too shabby. Though with my luck I'll probably get the 3* one. Also, I initially read Puzzle Gauntlet as Pizza Gauntlet. That would be an interesting mode. You collect pizza slices and the first one to complete their pizza wins the match. Final reward gives a Lucky support. There you go, devs. Hook me up with a 5* Royal Talon? Thanks in advance.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    Royal Talon support in the Puzzle Gauntlet isn't too shabby. Though with my luck I'll probably get the 3* one. Also, I initially read Puzzle Gauntlet as Pizza Gauntlet. That would be an interesting mode. You collect pizza slices and the first one to complete their pizza wins the match. Final reward gives a Lucky support. There you go, devs. Hook me up with a 5* Royal Talon? Thanks in advance.
    Did someone say pizza?!
  • shardwick
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    Did someone say pizza?!
    I had pizza for dinner. Unfortunately my only reward was temporary enjoyment and now I feel fat.
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hopefully the 5* after Phoenix Cyclops will be Scarlet Witch.
    I think she deserve to have a 5* version. She's in the top 5 of the most used 3*s (the others most likely being IM40, DStrange, KKhan and Magneto), so it's really strange that she doesn't have a higher 5* version. She's super strong and her show will be in the last episodes, and i think that there isn't a better timing for a 5* SWitch.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kletvar said:
    I think she deserve to have a 5* version. She's in the top 5 of the most used 3*s (the others most likely being IM40, DStrange, KKhan and Magneto), so it's really strange that she doesn't have a higher 5* version. She's super strong and her show will be in the last episodes, and i think that there isn't a better timing for a 5* SWitch.

Unfortunately, just because someone is good at one tier, it doesn't mean the higher tier versions will be good.  Magneto is a good example of that.  4* Wasp and 4* Captain Marvel as well.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    curious to get a look at the Cyclops details this week.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kletvar said:
    I agree in that I would love to see a 5* SW, but I would much rather the devs take their time to do her justice. I don't think 5* Magneto is bad, but I don't think it is as awe inspiring as many would anticipate of such a character. SW is depicted as one of the biggest of the baddest among mutants, prefaced by multiple SW-focused storylines. Give us Scarlet, but if it requires a few releases to make sure she's done right, I'm sure we would all be ok with that.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Speaking of Black History Month... 

When are we getting Rambeau?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akoni said:
    Speaking of Black History Month... 

When are we getting Rambeau?
    We'll get her sometime around October-November. First we have to have a lot of people request her due to Wandavision, then they'll have to start from scratch and work her into the release schedule. Like Hela, Killmonger, Worthy Cap, Yondu, obvious choices for a tie-in, but don't actually show up until ages later.

That's my guess, anyways. If we get Scarlet Witch now, we might get a 4* Vision as well, and any chance of us getting a Monica Rambeau (or Jimmy Woo or Quicksilver or any potential hidden villain left in the show) will come further down the release pipeline.