Where would I rank with this score ?

Options
BlixTheFrog
BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
Hey all !
So I've finished my last PVP season in SCL 7 (I passed lv 120 just after starting it) and ended up 2nd with 14203 points. To help me decide what I should do next, could players in SCL 8/9/10 with similar rankings tell me where I would end up with that score in this month's season ?
Thanks !

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    SCL 10 is better because progression rewards are so much better in SCL 10. 

In SCL 8, top 25.
    In SCL 10, around top 250. 

Unless you are specifically aiming for Advance Support Tokens or the Infinity Stone Supports, else I don't see the point of staying in SCL 7 season.
  • BlixTheFrog
    edited February 2021
    Options
    SCL 10 is better because progression rewards are so much better in SCL 10. 

In SCL 8, top 25.
    In SCL 10, around top 250. 

Unless you are specifically aiming for Advance Support Tokens or the Infinity Stone Supports, else I don't see the point of staying in SCL 7 season.

Well I'm at a stage where three Heroic Tokens pack still seem cool, so I stuck with SCL7 as long as I could, but now it's definitely closed to me. Thanks for the input !
    (For the record, I played the season in SCL7 but played individual PVPs at SCL10, so  I missed only the rewards for the overall season)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I figure that would be the case. If you can get top 10 in scl 8, which requires 20000 points, you will still see your heroic pack x 3. Top 25 in SCL 8 gives you heroic pack x 2.
  • BlixTheFrog
    Options
    I figure that would be the case. If you can get top 10 in scl 8, which requires 20000 points, you will still see your heroic pack x 3. Top 25 in SCL 8 gives you heroic pack x 2.
    Yeah, might switch to lv10 and get those ten mighty tokens, then. Seems like less work than pushing to 20000 points to maybe get an extra heroic pack.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Considering that heroic tokens have over 70% chance of a 2* (and 10 packs have just under 70% 2*), from a mathematical standpoint even with 3 10 packs that's only 9 3* or 4* on average.

10 mighty tokens is 10 guaranteed 3* or 4*.

If your goal is to build 3* and 4*, SCL 10 will get better tokens plus more 4* shards and CP in season progression and you get at least 1 more mighty token plus some heroics and more CP even if you can get t500.
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree with the above, the rewards are definitely worth it at SCL 10. You just need to be prepared to wave goodbye to high placement for the season. I scored 12600 points this season and placed 262nd. So as Hound says, your score would put you in the top 250 (placement rewards are 9 CP, 55 HP, 3250 riso 5000 ISO, 1 mighty and 3 heroic tokens).
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Chiming in to repeat support for getting that set of 10 mighty tokens.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As others have mentioned, it's all about the Progression Rewards.  They are definitely worth it for me.
  • BlixTheFrog
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I ended up going with SCL 10 for those 10 Mighty Tokens, but the rest of the rewards are not THAT big a deal. Going SCL 8 or 9 while doing the individual PVPs and Simulator in SCL 10 still remains something that I might try one time down the line.
    Thanks for all of your inputs though !